We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Los Suenos Wedding May 2013

Jacksonville Beach...
Level Contributor
5 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Los Suenos Wedding May 2013

My fiancee and I are getting married at Los Suenos in May 2013. We plan to have about 35 guests. We would like to get married in the morning and have a brunch afterwards. We got a brochure from the Marriott and the prices seem high for what they offer. They also charge corking fees for BYOB, do not allow outside catering, and there are a lot of small charges that would add up quickly. I also got a catering brochure from "Los Suenos Special Event Catering." Their prices are more reasonable. I am seeking advice from anyone who has had, or has been to, a wedding at Los Suenos and has money-saving tips on catering or even a good restaurant off the beaten path where I can have a casual brunch for my guests.

Also, does anyone know the best place to rent chairs and an "altar" to set up on the beach for the ceremony?

Any other tips on Los Suenos activities, food, places to stay, places to avoid, etc. are appreciated as well!

World
Level Contributor
44 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Los Suenos Wedding May 2013

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! For the best activities in the Los Suenos area, check out Costa Rica Waterfall Tours. They will keep you and your guests entertained and let you experience the beauty of Costa Rica!

Edited: 11:22 am, October 12, 2012
Jaco, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
4 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Los Suenos Wedding May 2013

Congratulations on the pending nuptials. Take a look at Villa Caletas, its about 8 mins down the road from Los Suenos. The view especially at sunset is fantastic. They have an amphitheatre to view the sunst and for special events like weddings and offer catering. Lovely place for brunch.

http://www.hotelvillacaletas.com

Denver, CO
Level Contributor
197 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Los Suenos Wedding May 2013

A great restaurant in Jaco just closed and I learned they are now delivering lunch and doing catering. Pili Pili was a favorite of ours. You may want to contact them to see whether they could suggest something near the Marriott that would let them do the meal restaurantpilipili@gmail.com is the email.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
735 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Los Suenos Wedding May 2013

I know you're trying to keep costs down, but you might want to consider working for at least part of this with a local wedding planner. Are you staying at the Marriott hotel itself or renting several condos? I'm pretty sure the Marriott would frown on you just hiring a bunch of chairs and do-it-yrself, so be sure to check w/ someone who knows/has done it before.

You might see if you could host part of it at Club del Mar, although they're usually pretty full and busy w/ their own guests. Large open-air restaurant w/ partial view of the sea, over their pool and grounds.

For my money, the two best restaurants (aside from now closed Pili Pili, which was great), are Graffiti and Lemon Zest. Neither has any outdoor ambience or view, but both turn out great food.

You could look into renting out part of El Pelicano, a good local restaurant right on the beach there in Herradura...

Again, if you had a local on the ground it would make your live easier

5. Re: Los Suenos Wedding May 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:17 am, December 15, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Jaco