We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 Days in Costa Rica

Edmonton, Canada
10 posts
Save Topic
3 Days in Costa Rica

I need some suggestions as to where to spend three days in Costa Rica for an older couple who enjoys nature , but also enjoys the ocean. Because they are flying out of San Jose it should be a relatively small commute. Considered Jaco until I read about it being a party town. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Mentioned in this post
Costa Rica
Costa Rica
Central America
San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
3,528 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 Days in Costa Rica

I would suggest Manuel Antonio which is a 3 hour drive from the airport (Jaco is on the way, Jaco is a 1 and half hour drive from the airport). Manuel Antonio is a rainfor est and beach area with beautiful beaches and great nature. For nature tours in Manuel Antonio I would suggest the Manuel Antonio National Park Hike (A must do) and the Damas Island Mangrove by boat.

Edited: 1:33 pm, May 12, 2012
Jaco, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
1,063 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 3 Days in Costa Rica

Very good suggestions from MikeA! I really love the Damas Island Mangroves. It has been a while since I have been, but am planning to go in the next few months and do some fishing with Chino in the mangroves. You will enjoy MA also, with it's mix of beautiful beaches and the park. There is also a spice farm around Quepos/ Manuel Antonio that I have been told that is very worth your time.

3. Re: 3 Days in Costa Rica

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:40 pm, June 21, 2013