We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alma del Pacifico or Villa Caletas

Which Jaco hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ansonia, Connecticut
Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Alma del Pacifico or Villa Caletas

Has anyone visited one or both of these hotels in Jaco? Can you please let me know your positives and negatives? Thank you.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
3,528 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Alma del Pacifico or Villa Caletas

Villa Caletas is on the top of a mountain, great hotel, amaizing infinite pool. It is a 10 minute drive to Jaco, they have a very small beach down the mountain. Alma del Pacifico is actually in Esterillos a 30 minute drive from Jaco, closer t o Manuel Antonio and it is right at the beach.

Both are very nice hotels

World
Level Contributor
44 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Alma del Pacifico or Villa Caletas

Villa Caletas is a better hotel in my opinon, with outstanding views. The sunsets are the best in the area from the ampitheater at Villa Caletas. The downside is that it is not right on the beach, it is high on top of a mountain. If being ON the beach is important, then I would choose Alma Del Pacifico.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,026 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Alma del Pacifico or Villa Caletas

I´m with LivingLife...Villas CAletas is a wonderfull hotel...incredible roamntic...good food nice restaurant!

The sunset views are incredible...and close to Herradura and of course Jaco and Playa Hermosa and only 1 hour from SJO

roadadvisor

guanacaste
Level Contributor
3,091 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Alma del Pacifico or Villa Caletas

My vote ... Villa Caletas

Ottawa
Level Contributor
358 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Alma del Pacifico or Villa Caletas

Based on having stayed at Villa Caletas and seeing the website for Alma del Pacifico, I would go with Villa Caletas. The view from Villa Caletas down to the gulf of Nicoya is breathtaking...one of the best views in Costa Rica. Their infinity pool is wonderful...I have never seen anything like it anywhere! Going down to their small beach is an adventure in itself...they will shuttle you down and up again. It's not really a good beach scenario...rocky, not really swimmable. Though we enjoyed lounging in their beach chairs and walking around the coastline. Buena suerte!

6. Re: Alma del Pacifico or Villa Caletas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:17 am, June 22, 2013