We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Search this site keywords: THIEVES, theft. passport theft.

Fla
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Search this site keywords: THIEVES, theft. passport theft.

15 Mar 2012. A reoccuring theme... Spend your money in another country. we were in Costa Rica less than 4 hours and had all our suitcases and belongings stolen from our rental car, EVERYTHING. all while we were sitting at a restaurant, watching our car with it backed into the parking space. a red car pulled up and set up a diversion as a girl was on a her cell phone. everything was taken from the SUV's side door after they jimmied the lock. it happened just south of Jaco in tarcoles. many posters here say, oh its bad everywhere. WHY would you go to a place where you dont feel safe or welcome to spend your time and money? when you lose everything and dont know where to turn its an overwhelming feeling of helplessness. not to mention your families safety. I didnt trust anyone in that restaurant or anywhere else after this happened. we spent the next 3 days getting back the bare necessities. everywhere we went we didnt feel safe. THIS IS THE FIRST EVER VACATION THAT ME AND MY FAMILY WHERE READY TO COME HOME. The US embassey said that as of the 16th Mar, 45 passports had been stolen this month alone. Do your homework to be best informed, SEARCH keywords: THIEVES, car theft. pass port theft.

charlestown rhode...
Level Contributor
97 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Search this site keywords: THIEVES, theft. passport theft.

Smart advice. My husband and I spend winters here in CR and do the same thing when traveling. We use thick chain so it cant be cut easily. It does feel like overkill sometimes but it feels much worse to be robbed.

22. Re: Search this site keywords: THIEVES, theft. passport theft.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:15 pm, June 19, 2013