We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transportation from san jose and lodging

sacramento...
2 posts
Save Topic
transportation from san jose and lodging

How is the best way to get from San Jose to Jaco? I'm in SJ on business, and want to spend the weekend in Jaco. Also, where would you recommend I stay. Looking for a really nice place, perhaps best in Jaco, close to clubs, with top quality women really close

Tampa, FL
Destination Expert
for San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
2,234 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: transportation from san jose and lodging

How is the best way to get from San Jose to Jaco? Private driver or taxi, tourist shuttle, public bus - all have their advantages and disadvantages. With a private driver or taxi you can head out any time you like but it will cost you quite a bit. The Interbus shuttle (www.interbusonline.com) will only cost you $19 each way but only leaves twice a day (at 8:15am and 2:30pm), takes just under 3 hours and will deliver you door to door. The public bus costs only a little over $2 each way, leaves 3 times a day (7:30am, 10:30 & 3:30) is a little quicker (you don't have to go from hotel to hotel picking up other passengers) but you have to get to the bus station on your own. I'd probably go with the shuttle if it is only you.

Where would you recommend I stay? Keep in mind something other posters here may not be aware of about places they have stayed, which is that if you want to bring back those "top quality women" for a "nightcap" many hotels will add extra charges on to your hotel bill and some actively discourage the practice. That might be a real plus for most people here, but I'm guessing not for you. This is not really the best forum for in-depth discussion of that topic. You can contact me at prolijo2004@yahoo.com and I can point you to better places to find out what you really need to know.

Personally, I think Jaco is an over-rated over-priced pit as far as nightlife is concerned and you'd be better off just staying in SJ for the weekend if that's all you're really interested in. OTOH, if you're real interest is the BEACH as much as any nightlife then Jaco may be passable on both counts.

montreal
12 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: transportation from san jose and lodging

Hi i was in costa rica for 3 weeks, made lots of friends there. What date are you going? I have a friend that has nice cabinas and do the transport from san jose to jaco. Or you could take a cab they charge 60$

Annie

Joplin, Missouri
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: transportation from san jose and lodging

Jaco Beach information:

Probably best way from San Jose to Jaco Beach is via the small van like buses like Interbus. About $ 21-25.00 one way. They will pick up at the airport, or your hotel anywhere in San Jose. About a 2 hour trip...with a rest stop for refresco at a roadside spot about halfway on the trip. Mini buses have A/C, comfortable seats, and carry 7-8 people, but often times there will only 2-3 passengers on the trip.

Probably best hotel in Jaco is the Best Western on North side of town....right on the beach. Great pool, nice rooms, manacured grounds, etc. Probably in the $80-100. a night range depending upon if you go in high season or rainy season (cheaper).

If you want an out of the way hotel with great rooms, good service, great pool, lounge, manacured grounds, etc....then call the Villia Crejole....it's about 1 1/2 mile from the center of town in a quiet residentual area. Nice rooms, 2-3 beds, full kitchen, hot water, very clean, European owner/hosts, rates: High season-$ 60-70.....Low Season $35.00 a night.

Nightlife: Hookers at the Beatle Bar, semi working girls at NatchoDaddy's Disco; maybe some action at the Monkey Bar, then later around 11PM-Midnight.... you can find the girls going to Poncho Villias for late eats and drinks.

My favorite activity is hanging out downtown like at the Colonial Restaurant during the day...and watching the gals parade up and down the street.

They may be in bikinis or short shorts, but you get a good view and can see them in the daylight. If you talk to them....chat them up a bit, then more than likely they will will enterain joining you for a drink at the outside patio tables at these places....like the Colonial. And there are many restaurants with outside tables like this on the main strip.

Good luck and enjoy !

Tampa, FL
Destination Expert
for San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
2,234 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: transportation from san jose and lodging

Stevewxly,

I'm a little surprised that you'd recommend those hotels to Scott given his interests.

The Villa Creole may be nice and affordable but it is 1.5 miles from the beach, clubs and where "top quality women" congregate. And as you posted elsewhere, since Scott won't have a car, getting a cab from that hotel location at night might be a little difficult.

The BW in Jaco is a classic example of what I was referring to in my earlier post. They have a policy where they actively discouraging their guests from bringing back any of the local "top quality women" and you yourself reported elsewhere (on another forum we both belong to) a reported case where they tacked on a $50 penalty for violating that policy.