We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thanksgiving Week - Surf Lessons/Share a Fishing Charter?

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
17 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Thanksgiving Week - Surf Lessons/Share a Fishing Charter?

I will be in Jaco Nov. 19 - Nov. 26. For the first half of my trip I was supposed to take surf lessons and do some fishing, but my buddy had to bail so I'll be on my own for a few days until my other friend arrives. I'm interested in some private intermediate surf lessons for a couple of days and possibly just a board rental and someone to take me to a couple different breaks for another day or two. Don't really want to do a surf camp or group lessons w/ a bunch of other people. May just end up going to a surf shop in town when I arrive and trying to arrange something there.

Also would be interested in splitting a charter 1 day between the 20th and 22nd. Prefer offshore as I've seen some decent sailfish/marlin reports, but wouldn't mind chasing some roosterfish inshore. Also wouldn't mind catching something to take back and eat, but seems like the tuna and mahi aren't being caught in big numbers right now.

Any info on either the surfing or fishing would be greatly appreciated.

Lost Beach Tours
Taxis & Shuttles, 4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours, Fishing Charters & Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Zipline & Aerial Adventure Parks
Jaco Tours & Sportfishing
Sightseeing Tours, Eco Tours, Fishing Charters & Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Zipline & Aerial Adventure Parks
GMG Transfers & Tours
Nature & Wildlife Tours, Fishing Charters & Tours, 4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours
Costa Rica D Tours - Day Tours
Kayaking & Canoeing, River Rafting & Tubing, 4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours, Fishing Charters & Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Grecia, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Province of Alajuela
Level Contributor
7,994 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thanksgiving Week - Surf Lessons/Share a Fishing Charter?

I think your best bet is to wait on the surfing, rent a board when you hit town and talk to the surf shop as you mentioned is a good plan of action.

Fishing check with Ocean Adventures - http://www.oceanadventurescr.com/ capt is a really good guy and has been fishing here well over 20 years. Pretty sure they hold a world record or 2.

Have a blast

Cheers

Playa Hermosa...
Level Contributor
130 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Thanksgiving Week - Surf Lessons/Share a Fishing Charter?

Check out Chuck's WOW surf shop in jaco (on tripadvisor) for surf lesson/ board rentals. he has a wide selection or quality rental boards, and Reel Intense Adventures (also on tripadvisor ) for fishing

facebook.com/pages/…126803137340518

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
92 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thanksgiving Week - Surf Lessons/Share a Fishing Charter?

We are looking to offshore fish from MA with a few other people but are having no luck so far bc the minimum person to charter is 4. $450 for two people. Anyone else interested ?

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
17 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thanksgiving Week - Surf Lessons/Share a Fishing Charter?

Where is "MA"?

Playa Hermosa...
Level Contributor
130 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Thanksgiving Week - Surf Lessons/Share a Fishing Charter?

I think she is referring to Manuel Antonio/ Quepos area about 45min to 1 hour south of Jaco

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
17 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Thanksgiving Week - Surf Lessons/Share a Fishing Charter?

Ahh, thanks. That's a little far for me. If anyone is looking to share a charter out of Jaco, please let me know.

Thanks!

7. Re: Thanksgiving Week - Surf Lessons/Share a Fishing Charter?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 am, December 01, 2012