We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Road Conditions from San Jose to Jaco and Manuel Antonio?

Which Jaco hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sarasota, FL
Level Contributor
47 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
Road Conditions from San Jose to Jaco and Manuel Antonio?

Due to the recent heavy rains, we're wondering if we will have any problems getting from the SJO airport to Jaco, and then from Jaco to Manuel Antonio?

Thank you in advance.

Grecia, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Province of Alajuela
Level Contributor
7,850 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Road Conditions from San Jose to Jaco and Manuel Antonio?

Pretty good about cleaning slides here. Someone who drives the route I am sure can answer how things are, but in general clean up is pretty quick for most slides.

Cheers

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,655 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Road Conditions from San Jose to Jaco and Manuel Antonio?

www.transito.go.cr for status of roads.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,036 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Road Conditions from San Jose to Jaco and Manuel Antonio?

Dear Dos Georges..

Not at all...maybe some delays around Km 38th by 27th road...they are cleaning some mud slide thta occur a few days ago...but they are very much done with it...by prevention they are asking people to slow down...and from Orotina to Jaco...a couple of cleaning as well but not big deals...that is up to today...at noon...and so far not much rain..I have acar driving by 27 early this morning and the report was that everything was fine...let hop it keeps like that!

From Jaco to Manuel Antonio same situation...juts common sense...they are working on the road by Monterey looks great and the car feels incredible...

roadadvisor

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,036 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Road Conditions from San Jose to Jaco and Manuel Antonio?

My God guys...now we look like the famous couple...INCA 2.27...HATTIE 2.29 and me..2:29...hummm.

roadadvisor

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
3,528 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Road Conditions from San Jose to Jaco and Manuel Antonio?

Some cleaning up still going on on route 27th and close to Parrita but in general minimum delays, it is open and looking good for the most part.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,036 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Road Conditions from San Jose to Jaco and Manuel Antonio?

Do not worry I just have another report from one of our cars...and the driver inform me that everything is OK...some slow driving in some short sections but not a big deal...my driver just call me out of lunch like many other people including some here at TA and at work!

roadadvisor

7. Re: Road Conditions from San Jose to Jaco and Manuel Antonio?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 pm, October 28, 2012