We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How far is Jaco (Villa Caletas) from Manuel Antonio?

Which Jaco hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
21 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
How far is Jaco (Villa Caletas) from Manuel Antonio?

Planning our itinerary, and we really want to stay at Villa Caletas (which I believe is north of Jaco). Would we be able to use this hotel as a "home base" and still be able to experience and explore Manuel Antonio? Anyone know how far away these two points are by car?

Playa Hermosa...
Destination Expert
for Manuel Antonio National Park, Jaco
Level Contributor
1,403 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How far is Jaco (Villa Caletas) from Manuel Antonio?

About one hour and 15 minutes to Quepos from V Caletas and another 10 minutes all the way to the MA park. You're correct, Caletas is north of Jaco by approx. 15 minutes. You can use it for a home base for a few activities but remember that it'll be at least 2 1/2 hours in the car each day that you make the drive. If there are many activities you wish to enjoy in the Manuel Antonio area, maybe you can stay a few days at V Caletas and a few days in M. Antonio? Just an idea, hope this helps! Lisa in Manuel Antonio

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
21 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How far is Jaco (Villa Caletas) from Manuel Antonio?

Yes, that helps a ton. THanks for pointing out that we would be spending about 2 1/2 hours in a car each time we would want to leave. I am trying my hardest to eliminate lots of car travel since our goal is to relax. I appreciate your follow up!

Santa Monica...
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: How far is Jaco (Villa Caletas) from Manuel Antonio?

We just returned from our trip to Costa Rica and we stayed at Villa Caletas for one night. The private beach there is okay, but the pool and hotel are very nice. I agree with staying at Villa Caletas for a few nights, then driving down to Manuel Antonio and staying there instead of driving down for a day. You'll want to spend a lot of time at the National Park in Manuel Antonio. And if you like the beach, the beach in Manuel Antonio is much nicer than the one in Jaco.

Santa Monica...
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: How far is Jaco (Villa Caletas) from Manuel Antonio?

We just returned from our trip to Costa Rica and we stayed at Villa Caletas for one night. The private beach there is okay, but the pool and hotel are very nice. I agree with staying at Villa Caletas for a few nights, then driving down to Manuel Antonio and staying there instead of driving down for a day. You'll want to spend a lot of time at the National Park in Manuel Antonio. And if you like the beach, the beach in Manuel Antonio is much nicer than the one in Jaco.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
377 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How far is Jaco (Villa Caletas) from Manuel Antonio?

We have stayed at Villa Caletas a couple of times and found no shortage of things to do from here, but I have to agree about a few days in each location. Villa Caletas is definitely not a beach vacation, but the view and many activities available within a short distance make it fabulous in a different way. The infinity pool with lush gardens overlooking the Pacific and the rainforest are amazing!

Manuel Antonio is actually quite small - there are a couple of nice trails that I would recommend with a guide and the beaches are very nice. Please keep in mind that none of the hotels are located right on the beach here.