We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jaco Fishing

Treasure Island...
Level Contributor
337 posts
109 reviews
Save Topic
Jaco Fishing

We will be traveling to Jaco in Decemeber 2008. We are looking for an all day fishing/ sport fishing trip out of Jaco or nearby. It is important the boat is equipped with the proper items and is coast guard approved. Can anyone suggest a captain or a reliable company that offers charters. I would appreciate all the help you can offer.

Fort Lauderdale, FL
Level Contributor
583 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jaco Fishing

We just got back from Jaco a few weeks ago. Without hesitation I can recommend Captain Josh.

www.hookedoncostarica.com

e-mail info@hookedoncostarica.com

He is a wealth of knowledge. We had the best 5 days of eating in Jaco because of his advise. HE loves sharing what to do and where to do it in and around Jaco.

He runs fishing boats out of Los Suenos, plus he can set up up with tours, hotels and good food.

Pura Vida

North Redington...
Level Contributor
2 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jaco Fishing

costaricadreams.com out of los Suenos is the BEST and Most expensive place to charter a sportfishing boat for a day. It's worth every penny. Los Suenos is only about 10-15mins from Jaco. They will arrange transportation for you. Some of their Captains are from the US. It's run by Americans. I fish with them every year 4yrs in a row. Make sure you book a boat early. They have 30+ boats but are frequently booked up during peak season. Dec-May. We catch SailFish,and Mahi Mahi with them every time. We even caught a 240lb Blue Marlin on year. You get what you pay for.

3. Re: Jaco Fishing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:19 pm, October 06, 2009