We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

surfboard rental

Which Jaco hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
CA
6 posts
Save Topic
surfboard rental

Anyone have any advice or reccomendations for renting a good surfboard in Jaco area? Ill be down there June 13-21 and will need a good board for atleast 5 of those days. Any idea on quality, selection, pricing and where to rent would be big help thanks.

Torquay, UK
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: surfboard rental

There are plenty of places along the main road there, I can't remember prices as it's been a couple of years but a mate I was with sold a board there easy. It's really not a problem. Nearby Playa Hermosa is a hard break to surf, VERY fast tubing waves with short rides. I'd go across to Nicoya Peninsula from Puntarenas get down to Franks place and head up to Santa Teresa check this link http://www.nicoyapeninsula.com/teresa it's got a left point right point and loads of beach peaks and on the North side of this beach they Barrel !!! Stay at the South end of the beach at Roberts place.....that's all I remember.

If you head south to surf at Dominical, go careful if it's big, rips are heavy and people drown there.

Hiking through Corcovado National Park in the South West is amazing.

Playa Negra south a fews k's from Tamarindo is a great surf spot. Nothing really there except one place right on the beach renting good looking cabins. Between there and Tamarindo at the North end of a beach where they kept a Big Pig in the car park is a spot called Little Hawaii, great right hand reef!

Tamarindo only works at certain times, check your seasons etc for everywhere first it may pay to go to a different spot for more swell.

Staying at St. Elena for a cloud forest trip is very cool.

Shout for me if you need more.......but don't worry about getting a board, it's easy.

Later,

Lt

Tampa Bay
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: surfboard rental

Chuck E. Cutbacks is on the north end of Jaco and seems to have the best boards.. You can find cheaper, but you get what you pay for. Chuck is a transplanted floridian his website is www.surfoutfitters.com

Have fun, I'll be there in August!