We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Surfing Lessons in Costa Rica - Jaco / Playa Hermosa

washington DC
1 post
Save Topic
Surfing Lessons in Costa Rica - Jaco / Playa Hermosa

I'm going to be in Costa Rica the first week in May. I'm looking to learn how to surf and have found plenty of surf camps, however I already have a place to stay and am only looking to take lessons, maybe one full day and a few morning classes, if they are available.

Can anyone recomend a surf school offering good lessons or direct me to a website for more information on surfing lessons?

Thanks!

Tortuga Surf School
Surfing, Windsurfing & Kitesurfing
Surfer Factory
Lessons & Workshops, Surfing, Windsurfing & Kitesurfing
Tico Surf Lessons
Sports Camps & Clinics, Surfing, Windsurfing & Kitesurfing
Jaco Surf Club
Surfing, Windsurfing & Kitesurfing
Jaco, Costa Rica
3 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Surfing Lessons in Costa Rica - Jaco / Playa Hermosa

Our son Nick is good friends with a local surfer, Alberto, who is not only a great surfer but he gives surf lessons.

Contact Nick at

katinnick@yahoo.com

and tell him his Dad sent you.

Pura Vida!

Florida
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Surfing Lessons in Costa Rica - Jaco / Playa Hermosa

I did a surf camp with Third World Surf. Their web is www.thirdworldproductions.org . I did a full surf camp package, but they could probably do just lessons. Brandon, the surf instructor was great.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
122 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Surfing Lessons in Costa Rica - Jaco / Playa Hermosa

If you want to just go with the flow on this one, you can arrange a surf lesson right on the beach in Jaco. All of the surf stores can arrange 2-hour lessons for you, or you can just walk straight down to the center of the beach (at the end of Calle Bohio) and talk to the guys at Jaco Surf Lessons (you can't miss their set up on the beach) - ask for Gustavo ...he's been teaching surf lessons in Jaco for years. He used to surf with the Costa Rica national surf team.

4. Re: Surfing Lessons in Costa Rica - Jaco / Playa Hermosa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:16 pm, August 29, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Jaco