Hey everyone. I am wondering if anyone has any recent, specific information about the tax-free shopping zone. I can find some information online, but I want to confirm it. Can someone help me figure out:
1) If it's true that ONE tourist can spend up to 2K using a passport until the end of December? I read that you get 1K per semester and that the money rolls over fro the 1st to the 2nd.
2) If its really worth the trip...both in cost savings and selection? I'm interested in getting all of the appliances I can for a kitchen at once. I figure that I can save a ton on a small fridge/stovetop/oven/range hood/dishwasher and whatever else I can get.
3) Can you buy more than 2K if you pay tax above that amount...just to get it all done in one day? What I mean is ideally I'd buy everything in one day, even if I max out my tax free benefit. Is that possible, or am I under no circumstances allowed to spend more than 2K, meaning I will still need to get the rest of the appliances elsewhere?
4) Is the process of checking in at the office the day before shopping simple?
5) Does anyone know any good, honest delivery companies? Are there any delivery scams to watch out for? I read it costs 3% of purchase price to deliver in the SJ area, but I am in Tamarindo. Any estimates for Guanacaste?
Thanks in advance for the help! I'm sorry it's such a long post, but it will literally be a day of travel squeezed into a weekend if I decide to go so I want to make sure it makes sense.