We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay?

Which Tortuguero hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Canada
Level Contributor
351 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay?

We are planning 2 nights in Tortuguero in late September and I'm just wondering, is it worth it to pay big $$$ to stay at one of the inclusive lodges or should we pick something more basic? I'm kind of looking at Rana Roja or for example. Flor de Tortuguero at the opposite end of the scale.

I'm very open to suggestions!

Canada
Level Contributor
351 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Where to stay?

Wow! Thank you, thank you, thank you for such a wonderful reply!! Casa Marbella it is! I love the idea of being able to come and go as we want without taxis.

Seattle...
Level Contributor
53 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Where to stay?

I stayed at the Pachira Lodge in Tortuguero, and it was AMAZING. Stayed in the very far back corner cabin/room, nothing but jungle behind it, and the monkeys woke us sitting right over our roof! They had purified water available, and knocked down all the spider webs over the path before you wake up in the morning (hey, it's those little things that count in the jungle). I highly recommend checking it out.

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
164 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Where to stay?

I will be staying at Pachira Lodge in August. The booking was a breeze, so far the online customer service has been exceptional with any questions i've had. They have great reviews and it isnt expensive either. I'm looking forward to staying there. roadadvisor recommended this lodge to me, it was a good pick...!

14. Re: Where to stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, January 26, 2014