We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

is 2 nights in Tortuguero in December enough time?

Which Tortuguero hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Linden, Michigan
Level Contributor
474 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
is 2 nights in Tortuguero in December enough time?

I am sad to say I will miss the turtle nesting since it is a dream of mine BUT.....do you think two nights at Mawamba Lodge in Tortuguero is enough time to enjoy the tours and activities before moving on to Arenal? It sounds like it is but just checking!!

St. albert,Alberta
Level Contributor
918 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: is 2 nights in Tortuguero in December enough time?

We did a 2 night stay with Mawamba in July 2007 and loved it (we did catch the turtles nesting... very cool experience)

Two nights was a good amount of time in Tortuguero. It gives you lots of time to explore the area. We did two guided boat tours and a guided hike through the rain forest. It also gives you time to enjoy the pool and check out the town if you want.

Linden, Michigan
Level Contributor
474 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: is 2 nights in Tortuguero in December enough time?

Thank you. Do you remember the names of the two guided boat tours. It sounds like you did a lot in those two days!!!

St. albert,Alberta
Level Contributor
918 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: is 2 nights in Tortuguero in December enough time?

All our tours were included in our 2 night stay at Mawamba. I booked directly with the hotel, and they arranged transportation from our hotel near the airport.

The package included the 2 boat tours and the guided rain forest hike. One of the boat tours went out at 6:30 in the morning (fantastic time to see wildlife) and the other was an afternoon trip.

As I said, all of these were included... you just had to show up at the dock on time.

All our meals were also included. The only extra was the turtle watching.

We arrived at the lodge as a group and had the same guide for all excursions. We also dined as a group with the guide.

It was a fun part of our 3 weeks in Costa Rica. We got to know some great people and learned a lot from our guide.

4. Re: is 2 nights in Tortuguero in December enough time?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:21 am, October 09, 2009