We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Monthly rent in PV

Roseburg, Oregon
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Monthly rent in PV

I am planning a solo trip to Costa Rica from June through August, which from my understanding is the low or "green" season. I imagine I will be staying in Puerto Viejo for at least a month if not longer. Generally how much does monthly rent cost for a private room with or without utilities. I would prefer something with a shorter walk to town and the beach. Not looking for anything fancy, I am fine without A/C, hot water or cable, etc. However WiFi is a must. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Punta Uva, Costa...
Level Contributor
6,874 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Monthly rent in PV

You can check https:/… , but you are better off waiting till you are there and ask around.

Edited: 5:44 pm, January 24, 2014
Punta Uva, Costa...
Level Contributor
291 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Monthly rent in PV

If you try to book before you come the price will be outrageous. If you wait until you get here, you can pick something up anywhere from $250 to $1000, depending on what you are looking for. There are places avail in PV itself or outside of it from Cocles all the way to Manzanillo.

Grab a rental bike and just start asking! Stop at hotels, cabinas, talk to the guys renting surfboards and bikes and it's amazing the deals you can find.

If you are willing to live on the grounds of a small hotel, you can even get a cabana near the beach with everything you need, including a kitchen and [spotty Caribbean] WIFI for around $300 or so per month.

Happy hunting!

3. Re: Monthly rent in PV

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 6:05 pm, January 25, 2014
Cahuita, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Cahuita
Level Contributor
2,649 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Monthly rent in PV

Follow Sockless' advice and look around when you get here. Ask around for places and try to avoid 'helpful' people who want to take you around and then will expect some financial return for taking you places you could easily find yourself!

Roseburg, Oregon
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Monthly rent in PV

Thanks for the help!

6. Re: Monthly rent in PV

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, January 27, 2015