We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bus from airport to Puerto Viejo de Talamanca

Which Puerto Viejo de Talamanca hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Panama
1 post
2 reviews
bus from airport to Puerto Viejo de Talamanca

Can someone tell me the easiest way to get from the airport to Puerto Viejo de Talamanca. /i am traveling with husband and we are most likely going to take the bus. Is it easy to find the bus at the airport? what do we need to do to connect? Thank you Hellen

Puerto Viejo, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
Level Contributor
1,576 posts
42 reviews
11. Re: bus from airport to Puerto Viejo de Talamanca

We live and do business here. We have had 1000s of guests visit us. About 20% of them take the bus. Over 9 years, I can recall one incident of a person loosing their bag on the bus.

I think you will get more accurate advice from people who live here in the area and actually ride the bus on some sort of a regular basis.

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,656 posts
26 reviews
12. Re: bus from airport to Puerto Viejo de Talamanca

Agree with you, colinsito. I think the stories about thefts on buses are really overblown.

Still - it's not a good idea to put anything in the overhead bin....... In fact, you will see lots of Costa Ricans keeping their backpacks with them at a seat.

Puerto Viejo de...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
Level Contributor
2,102 posts
8 reviews
13. Re: bus from airport to Puerto Viejo de Talamanca

That is right Hattie, the overhead luggage store is only for something that has no value. It still remains that luggage stored in the big "under-bus" compartment is normally safe.

Tamarindo, Costa...
Level Contributor
39 posts
9 reviews
14. Re: bus from airport to Puerto Viejo de Talamanca

My 73 year old mother insists on getting around Costa RIca by bus. She has never had a single negative experience in over 10 years of travel like this. I myself will only drive or pay a shuttle but even on a shuttle I watch my gear like a hawk. Even if you have a rental car you have watch your gear. Simple solution. Bring less gear! Easier to watch and to hump.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
44,965 posts
28 reviews
15. Re: bus from airport to Puerto Viejo de Talamanca

JUst common sense...and everything is going to be OK...most of the buses to Puerto Viejo are in good shape...and nice people...problems..not many...with luggage keep a close eye on them...as much as you can possible can...

roadadv isoi

Texas
Level Contributor
1,295 posts
65 reviews
16. Re: bus from airport to Puerto Viejo de Talamanca

It is not just the luggage that was stolen, also a ring from my cabina was stolen, neighbor in next cabina from mine and the owner had to fight off a would be thief/rapist attacking a female tourist. There is crime everywhere in the area, that and the rise in costs is no longer worth visiting or investing in as I had intended.

Many expats are very anxious to sell and return home due to high cost of living now in all of CR, crime in the Caribbean coast is happening daily.

Edited: 12:57 pm, October 01, 2013
San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
44,965 posts
28 reviews
17. Re: bus from airport to Puerto Viejo de Talamanca

Good topic...I guess USA is a lot safer and cheaper than Costa Rica...????that is good to know....

Roadadvisor

Puerto Viejo de...
1 post
18. Re: bus from airport to Puerto Viejo de Talamanca

@Ahvolare

What horrible things you say about Puerto Viejo and the Caribbean coast!!

I am French and I live to Puerto Viejo. I find it nice to get around by bus and car. I'm friendly meetings with ticos and ticas and it allows me to improve my Spanish.

I must say I have never had any problems. neither theft, neither violence.

You say that many expatriates want to return to their country. How many expatriates have you encountered? Not one of those that I have met has told me such a project! And for me there is no question that I return to France. My home is Puerto Viejo.

Your speech is insulting to foreign and Costa Rican community of the Caribbean coast and particularly Puerto Viejo.

Why so much hatred, so much bitterness?

You do not have to invest, you say, because of the "cost of living"? But why choose one of the most requested areas of Costa Rica? There are other areas such as the Central Valley that could suit your budget!

Edited: 11:29 pm, October 01, 2013
19. Re: bus from airport to Puerto Viejo de Talamanca

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, October 03, 2014