We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants that DO take credit cards and LIVE music?

Fort Collins...
Level Contributor
592 posts
107 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants that DO take credit cards and LIVE music?

So I know that many of the wonderful restaurants in the area do not take credit cards. We want to eat at a variety of places, but I do want to have a "back up" list of places that for sure take credit cards, in case we don't have any more cash to spend and need to charge it.

The only one I've specifically seen people mention as accepting credit cards is Koki Beach. Can you please tell me of any other restaurants that you know who for sure take credit cards?

Also - at what restaurants can we find live music? Is it only certain days of the week? If so - specify!

Thanks! I'm sooooo excited about our trip!!! :-)

Puerto Viejo de...
Level Contributor
435 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants that DO take credit cards and LIVE music?

Restaurants I do know that they take credit card:

Banana Azul

Tamara

Selvin

Chile Rojo

Cafe Viejo

Stashus Confusion

Koki Beach

FlipFlop won't take credit cards and probably some of the smaller Sodas though lately it has become more and more rare that places won't accept credit cards. I am honestly not 100% about Jungle Love but you may just want to check with Ingrid from Korrigan Lodge when you check in. She will know for the Punta Uva/Playa Chiquita area.

Fort Collins...
Level Contributor
592 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants that DO take credit cards and LIVE music?

Awesome! Gecko Trail you have been super helpful!!! Like I said, I don't want to limit where we go based on credit cards, but it's good to know where they take them in case we need to use it!

Puerto Viejo de...
Level Contributor
435 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants that DO take credit cards and LIVE music?

Actually, I never answered about the live music. I know Lazy Mon has live music almost everyday around sunset. You should try that, they are at the Standford beach and it is a nice place to end an afternoon. Chile Rojo, the Point in Playa Negra and Mango's, they all do live music too. Not 100% sure about the days but you should find out easily once you're in town.

Manuel Antonio...
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants that DO take credit cards and LIVE music?

You can check out this list of restaurants in Costa Rica, from this local directory and find out which accept credit cards and play live music.

crneeds.com/category/…

Fort Collins...
Level Contributor
592 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants that DO take credit cards and LIVE music?

Hey Ashley - this looks great, except that it's NOT for the area I'm looking for - Puerto Viejo/Punta Uva/Manzanillo. The drop down box has Manuel Antonio, Jaco and Golfito.

Puerto Viejo de...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
Level Contributor
2,271 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurants that DO take credit cards and LIVE music?

Cafe Mango has early music sessions some nights per week and serve some nice affordable food as well. No credit cards.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurants that DO take credit cards and LIVE music?

What would be the recommendation for cash? What would be the good place to get colóns?

Fort Collins...
Level Contributor
592 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurants that DO take credit cards and LIVE music?

You don't need to get colones. They will accept US Dollars. I just like to pay with my credit card when I can, so I can save cash for the "cash only" things like tours. There are ATMs in town - somewhere! So I hear! I also like to be able to use my credit card if they ATM runs out of money, as it did when we were in Mal Pais!

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
47,172 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Restaurants that DO take credit cards and LIVE music?

Tamaras is a great option...nice local owners...nice people...

roadadvisor

Fort Collins...
Level Contributor
592 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Restaurants that DO take credit cards and LIVE music?

Roadadvisor - They are on my list - except I don't think they take credit cards. Hey - You are supposed to be driving us on Saturday. I've been trying to reach you via the rocio e-mail, but no one is returning my message. Can you private message me on here? I need to make sure all is well for Saturday! I have a confirmation letter that we're on from awhile ago, but I was asking what kind of vehicle you'd be driving, as we will kind of have a lot of luggage.

Thanks,

Nicole