We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant Advice

Which Puerto Viejo de Talamanca hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
9 posts
Save Topic
Restaurant Advice

We are staying at Congo Bongo, and using taxi's as primary mode of transportation while in the area.

What is the average cost for taxi, from Manzanillo to the town of Puerto Viejo?

We are already considering Maxi's, Jungle Love, and El Refugio as places to dine.

What other suggestions may you have?

Punta Uva, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
Level Contributor
6,874 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Restaurant Advice

The bike ride is a long one, maybe 11/2 hrs, more or less depending on how fast you go. roughly 8 miles one way.

Edited: 11:36 am, January 31, 2013
Puerto Viejo de...
Level Contributor
125 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Restaurant Advice

Probably tuning in to late to be much of a help here, but Harry is a local driver out of Manz. He is honest and reliable. Ditto the comments on pirates vs. legal. I do think there are one or two legal here now, but with the exception of Kale, the German with the pick-up truck, I don't find them very reliable and often wonder if they got their little yellow cone on top off an un-attended SJ taxi... sorry, just my flip opinion.

13. Re: Restaurant Advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, March 18, 2014