We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels in Bri Bri

Which Puerto Viejo de Talamanca hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,721 posts
5 reviews
Hotels in Bri Bri

Does anybody have info about cheap no frills hotels in Bri Bri?

I need to do my visa run tomorrow and I was thinking of going their instead of PV. I was going to do somewhere else in CR but my budget said no.

Puerto Viejo de...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
Level Contributor
2,198 posts
8 reviews
1. Re: Hotels in Bri Bri

Not completely sure but I don't think there is a hotel in Bribri.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,721 posts
5 reviews
2. Re: Hotels in Bri Bri

Thanks. I hope there is. I will do a little more research before I get off the bus and just hope...

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,656 posts
26 reviews
3. Re: Hotels in Bri Bri

I agree with Geckoes. Bri-bri is really just a village. You might be able to find a homestay, but I doubt there will be much else.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,721 posts
5 reviews
4. Re: Hotels in Bri Bri

I've been through there numerous times and it is realitvly large but I have not seen a hotel from the bus. It is a regional center so there are numerous government type offices which makes me think there has to be hotels.

Punta Uva, Costa...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,867 posts
7 reviews
5. Re: Hotels in Bri Bri

You are better off staying in Puerto Viejo, there are some good places to stay for budget conscious there.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,721 posts
5 reviews
6. Re: Hotels in Bri Bri

Any recommendations? My main concern is its high season. I would usually go to hotel puerto Viejo for 10 dollars a night but the privates will probably be full.

Punta Uva, Costa...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,867 posts
7 reviews
7. Re: Hotels in Bri Bri

At $10 pd, maybe a hammock at Rocking J's, I would check with travelexperiencecostarica.com/costa-rica-hos… I think is around $20 per night but worth it.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,721 posts
5 reviews
8. Re: Hotels in Bri Bri

No thanks. I wanted a private no matter how basic, which is why I was asking about Bri Bri.

I am almost sure there are hotels in bri bri but I wanted to know a name so I'm not just asking for any hotel. I guess no one on this forum has been there.

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,656 posts
26 reviews
9. Re: Hotels in Bri Bri

It's kind of insulting, really, to say that because no one can feed you the name of a hotel in Bri Bri, that we have never been there. I've been there but I really wasn't LOOKING for a hotel and so can't help you there.

If you are SO SURE there is a hotel there, why not just get on the bus and get off in Bri Bri and ask a taxi driver to take you to a hotel?

On second thought, maybe this hotel in Bri Bri?? 1-costaricalink.com/costa_rica_tours/bri_bri…

Edited: 7:29 pm, January 15, 2013
Puerto Viejo de...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
2,198 posts
8 reviews
10. Re: Hotels in Bri Bri

That was funny Hattie! I am inclined to say let us know what you find in Bribri and share with us. I am actually regularly in Bribri since that is where ICE is and the municipality. It is mostly a centre for the indigenous indians (Bribri tribe), like I siad before, I am not sure but would love to be corrected once you've been.