We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Rental

Which Puerto Viejo de Talamanca hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Calgary
1 post
Save Topic
Car Rental

How much to rent a car in Puerto Viejo, we thought about renting for the two weeks we are there but $1000 is stupid expensive so we thought renting by the day in PV would work best. An one someone can recommend would be great. Thanks Mardy

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
8,536 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car Rental

Poas rent a car in nearby Hone Creek may be your only choice, but there have been a number of complaints on the forum about this rental car company.

Punta Uva, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
Level Contributor
6,874 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car Rental

Let me just say that either me or someone from my family has rented from Poas several times and always have been happy with the vehicles and the service we have received. There are many rental companies in Costa Rica, and probably all of them have had some unhappy customers. I can only sugest that you try Puerto Viejo without a car for a few days and see what you think before you spend nearly $1000 on a rental.

3. Re: Car Rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:45 pm, December 04, 2012
San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
45,758 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car Rental

Hard to recommend a good rent a car around that part of the country...totally agree with Cubanon...and he really knows that part of our country...and do not try to sell anything to anybody ...nice decent person...as Sarita and GeckoesLodge...many nice people around there ...

POAS is a good option...of course as most rent a cars they have some bad reviews...but also some good ones...some people do not recommend them...maybe POAS they are not willing to pay a huge commision as request by some large tour operators...give me a break!

roadadvisor

Cahuita, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Cahuita
Level Contributor
2,605 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Car Rental

If you are trying to keep to a budget, then simply go without the car. Pretty much all the coast is on a good bus service - hourly in either direction and taxis are not so terribly expensive that you need to spend $1000 you don't have or resent spending on a rental. You'll meet some really interesting people too!

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
45,758 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Car Rental

Good advice SARA F...good advice!!

roadadvisor

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
45,758 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Car Rental

You are WELCOME!

roadadvisor

8. Re: Car Rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:16 pm, December 17, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Puerto Viejo de...