We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Too good to be true? Cheap Lodging

southern Vermont
Level Contributor
76 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Too good to be true? Cheap Lodging

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/450565

I found this place on Air B&B -- four colorful cheap apartments not far from Kaya's Place. It is just what I am looking for. The pictures look beautiful, they have a monthly price I can afford, but they do not seem to be booked and no one has left a comment. Usually if it seems too good to be true, it isn't true. Does anyone know of this place? It has no name as far as I can tell and purports to be at the entrance to Cahuita. Would love to hear from anyone who has stayed there or who knows the proprietors. Thanks.

Punta Uva, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
Level Contributor
6,874 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Too good to be true? Cheap Lodging

Not familiar with the place, but i can tell you that f it is at entrance to Cahuita, you will be far away from Puerto Viejo and a good long walk to the beaches of Cahuita. I don't know their rates, but there is some good budget accommodations available closer to Puerto Viejo and also the beaches of Cahuita.

southern Vermont
Level Contributor
76 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Too good to be true? Cheap Lodging

Cubanon, thanks for yr reply. The Air B&B map is not specific, just places a huge colored circle -- I am assuming-- concentrically around the location. Looks like it is about 2500 feet behind Hotel Banana Azul. Will have to check it out when i get there.

I have been to PV, stayed at Rockin J's, but I have never been to cahuita although have seen pictures and like the looks of it. Do you know of any place there I can rent by the month for around $300/month for about three months?

House share is fine, I am used to communal living. Somebody looking for a quiet roommate to take the edge off the mortgage or rent?

Punta Uva, Costa...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,874 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Too good to be true? Cheap Lodging

The web site is confusing, they claim they are at entrance to Cahuita, but you say they are near Banana Azul, Cahuita is about a 30 minute drive from Puerto Viejo. my suggestion is to go to Puerto, stay at a hotel/hostel for a few days and ask around, there is plenty on places to stay in your price range. you might want to check out travelexperiencecostarica.com/costa-rica-hos… too.

Edited: 12:24 pm, August 01, 2012
southern Vermont
Level Contributor
76 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Too good to be true? Cheap Lodging

THANKS! Will check out the suggested website. Glad to hear there are places in my price range. Theresa aka Happy Solo

southern Vermont
Level Contributor
76 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Too good to be true? Cheap Lodging

Ah yes, I have been in contact with the proprietor. Looks nice but a little overpriced for my budget. Even with the discount for a month's stay, it is $415/mo.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,303 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Too good to be true? Cheap Lodging

Dear Theresa...

It is confusing since the hotel you mentioned is around Playa Negra...not close to Cahuita...I agree with Cubanon the best once you are here just check the place!

And Cubanon knows the area better that anybody here in the forum!

roadadvisor

Punta Uva, Costa...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,874 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Too good to be true? Cheap Lodging

Theresa, you might also want to check out this group on Facebook, rental listings at times, www.facebook.com/groups/222779944413566/

southern Vermont
Level Contributor
76 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Too good to be true? Cheap Lodging

Thanks again, you are being very helpful. Will check it out.

southern Vermont
Level Contributor
76 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Too good to be true? Cheap Lodging

T hanks, roadAdvisor. Yes I will come down and check it out. Funny I found the colorful apts ( and cheap) on the facebook page that Cubanon just recommended. They say they are "600 m al sur di Puerto Viejo." I think that is 600 meters south of PV.

And for more info I am to contact a firm called "My relocation in Costa rica.com"

based in San Jose.

Playa Guiones...
Destination Expert
for Nosara
Level Contributor
2,188 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Too good to be true? Cheap Lodging

I would look for a place with bars on the windows...that place doesn't look very safe to me in regards to deterring theft!

Get answers to your questions about Puerto Viejo de...