We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Punta Uva

Which Puerto Viejo de Talamanca hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dover, Delaware
Level Contributor
22 posts
66 reviews
Save Topic
Punta Uva

Is it an easy walk from Punta Uva to Playa Chiquita? What restaurant is on the beach in Punta Uva?

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
8,861 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Punta Uva

There are 2 sections of beach on either side of the point at Punta Uva. Selvins restaurant is on the north end of Punta Uva, located at the corner of the main road and a short street that provides access to the beach. It is not opne everyday and while there are outside tables it is not right on the beach. Arrecifes is on the far side of the point and is a hotel and restaurant beachfront.

Puerto Viejo, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
Level Contributor
1,645 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Punta Uva

Both areas cover off an area of 2kms each. Best thing would be to ask where you are staying and where you want to walk to? But, yes it is totally walkable. But most people would choose to bike. There are bike rentals all over. $5-$6 day.

Punta Uva, Costa...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,874 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Punta Uva

It's a long walk from Punta Uva to Playa Chiquita, but totally doable, if you decide to walk, do it along the beach. there are two restaurants on both sides of the point at Punta Uva, Punta Uva Lounge and Arrecife, great views from both, have not been to Puerto in a while and restaurant scene change often, so i don't know if they are both up and running now, maybe a local can lets us know.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,026 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Punta Uva

Great advice by Cubanon and crfan...great advice...also the tiny restaurant at Arrecifes can be another great alternative ...is located ata the Southern corner of Punta Uva...nice for some sodas or blended fruit juices!

roadadvisor

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
956 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Punta Uva

How long would you estimate the walk along the beach?

Cahuita, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Cahuita
Level Contributor
2,617 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Punta Uva

Way easier on the road! I'm not even sure you could climb up and over the rocks between, but I know someone will chime in if I'm wrong!

Punta Uva, Costa...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,874 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Punta Uva

It depends on where in Punta Uva you are, I would say around 30 minutes, nice cool walk along the water. and yes there is a way to go around Grape Point. You can go on the road, but it will be much hotter and you have to worry about the sometimes too fast driving vehicles.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
956 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Punta Uva

I'll just have to explore.....sounds like fun

Cahuita, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Cahuita
Level Contributor
2,617 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Punta Uva

that's what it's all about!

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
30 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Punta Uva

It's not hard to just trek it down the road, I've done it several times, and if you are up for a little adventure, just take the beach up, and cut through to the road at Playa Chiquita. I've even walked from Punta Uva to Cocles. A bit of a trek, but if you're in shape, no problem. And I've noticed no one has mentioned the small restaurant in front of the Punta Uva dive shop. Can't remember the name, but a nice little spot.