We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shuttle from San Jose to Puerto Viejo

Which Puerto Viejo de Talamanca hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
USA
Level Contributor
79 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Shuttle from San Jose to Puerto Viejo

Hello,

Is there a shared shuttle service that goes from San Jose to Puerto Viejo that doesn't depart early in the morning? My flight arrives at SJO at 9:30AM. Is the only option at that point a bus or a private driver? A private ride is too expensive for us as we are only 2 people.

Thanks!

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,045 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shuttle from San Jose to Puerto Viejo

Do you already check with Interbus...or Gray line? the two best shuttle companies in our country!!

Maybe good option to stay somewhere in San Jose and take the first shuttle next day!

roadadvisor

Edited: 7:04 pm, July 26, 2012
Puerto Viejo, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
Level Contributor
1,648 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shuttle from San Jose to Puerto Viejo

Grayline has not serviced the Caribbean in years...

Here are the schedule for the shuttles. You can see there is one is at airport at 15:30. They can probably pick you up at a hotel/restaurant nearby.

puertoviejosatellite.com/…shuttle

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
983 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shuttle from San Jose to Puerto Viejo

Has a 3:oo pm from San Jose.

http://caribeshuttle.com/rates-schedules/

Punta Uva, Costa...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,874 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shuttle from San Jose to Puerto Viejo

If you don't want to wait till the pm shuttle, just take a taxi from airport to Caribe Terminal and then the public bus, you should be able to get the 12pm bus and be in Puerto at 4:30. Buse are comfortable and safe way to get to the Caribe Sur, the 12pm bus goes all the way to Manzanillo, if you are heading to points South of town, the driver will stop for you, if you ask.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,045 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Shuttle from San Jose to Puerto Viejo

Thank you Lesa and Cubanon...you are the man!

roadadvisor

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
983 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Shuttle from San Jose to Puerto Viejo

and the woman...LOL

JENSEN BEACH
Level Contributor
10,752 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Shuttle from San Jose to Puerto Viejo

I was wary about taking the public bus. No problem at all UNLESS the noon bus is sold out? I went in the day before and got a ticket. It was comfortable and clean. Made one stop for bathroom break and food/snacks. It is good to be aware of stops and make it clear where you want to get off! I took Interbus back and would do either again with no worries.

Punta Uva, Costa...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,874 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Shuttle from San Jose to Puerto Viejo

I dont think that the 12pm bus will be sold out, if it is, there is another later.

JENSEN BEACH
Level Contributor
10,752 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Shuttle from San Jose to Puerto Viejo

I used the Public Bus in March and was advised it was a good idea to purchase my ticket the day before. I was glad I did as the noon bus that day was full. Maybe the time of year is a factor in just how much these trips fill up?

10. Re: Shuttle from San Jose to Puerto Viejo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:26 pm, July 30, 2012