We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

insect repellants

Arizona
Level Contributor
469 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
insect repellants

Has anyone used Bug Bam Insect Repellent Bracelets or similar? I hate the feel of spray-on repellants, but also hate bugs--and mosquitoes seem to love me. We're going to be staying in the rain forest at Samasati so I'm afraid I'll be having lots of close encounters. And yes I saw the picture someone posted of a large black scorpion in their bathroom at Samasati. I'm trying hard not to get freaked out!

Playa Guiones...
Destination Expert
for Nosara
Level Contributor
2,188 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: insect repellants

Colinsito, you are lucky! In my 7 years living here, I see scorpions at least every couple of months, but only stung once, thank goodness, as it was much, much worse than a wasp sting.

Adelina, take the good advice to check shoes, clothes, beds and keep your suitcase zipped. I'm sorry if this sounds extreme as there is an excellent chance you will never even see one, but better safe than sorry!

Love the Off Dry spray. It is so dry you wonder if you are getting any protection, but it works!

12. Re: insect repellants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 pm, July 09, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Puerto Viejo de...