We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Casita at casa las brisas or ocean room at banana azul??

Which Puerto Viejo de Talamanca hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
17 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Casita at casa las brisas or ocean room at banana azul??

Hello!

My boyfriend and I are headed to PV for 5 nights in august. Banana azul is booked our first night so we are staying at Casita at casa las brisas then we are supposed to move to the ocean room at banana azul. I am wondering if we should just stay at casita the whole time? I have heard amazing reviews but the room looks a bit small in photos. On te other hand being right on the beach sounds fantastic! We don't need major luxury. Any advice?

Punta Uva, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
Level Contributor
6,874 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Casita at casa las brisas or ocean room at banana azul??

Both places are right on the beach, really can't go wrong either way. Might have a bit more privacy in your own bungalow at Las Brisas.

Puerto Viejo de...
Level Contributor
435 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Casita at casa las brisas or ocean room at banana azul??

I recommend you to do the 1 night Casita/4 night Ocean Room deal. The Casita is okay to stay at as long as you expect the right thing. It is pretty small and rustic and thought right next to the beach, some people do not feel comfortable being separate from the main house but then not being in a real house.

We have had several clients not being happy with the Casita since they expected it to be less basic/rustic than it is. We therefore have stopped recommending the Casita as it seems it does not fulfill what people expect of it.

One night you will definitely be fine but for 5 nights you really want to think abou whether it is your type of accommodation or not.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
17 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Casita at casa las brisas or ocean room at banana azul??

Great thanks!!! We will go with the ocean room.

We were also offered one night in the small divers room next to the laundry room at Banana Azul for the first night. Would this be a better option than the casita for one night?

Puerto Viejo de...
Level Contributor
435 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Casita at casa las brisas or ocean room at banana azul??

I think one night casita and then ocean is perfect. The drivers room is ok for a night too but not next to the ocean. But you're on the property already which is maybe more convenience.

5. Re: Casita at casa las brisas or ocean room at banana azul??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:42 am, June 22, 2013