We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Banana Azul

Ontario
Level Contributor
172 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Banana Azul

Want to know

if all rooms have a mini fridge.

We really like to drink our rum, do we buy before arriving at the resort or is it in-expensive at the resort. Can you buy rum at the local market???

Also we were thinking of getting the apartment room with full kitchen to cook. Advise or just eat at resort. Not sure how expensive the food is at the local markets

Grecia, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Province of Alajuela
Level Contributor
8,087 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Banana Azul

I'll field the rum question, don;t know about the fridges.

Best bet is to buy some Flor de Cana rum when you get here. You will find it everywhere. Several different years available but they are all quite tasty.

More will chime in soon.

Cheers

Puerto Viejo de...
Level Contributor
435 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Banana Azul

Only few rooms have a mini fridge so probably the apartment is best for you. it also has a nice living area where you can hang and chill if you like to have some time for yourself.

Licor is pretty expensive in Costa Rica, comparing to other Central American countries. Probably cheaper to buy it at the duty-free but not 100% sure. Someone else has to answer this questions as I am more the beer drinker :o)

Dinner at Banana Azul is around $12 plus tax. It includes salad bar, main dish and dessert. In town you can eat from $8 - 10 on for a main dish. So overall a good deal at Banana Azul. I would probably recommend a mix of a bit of everything - eating in and out.

Puerto Viejo, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
Level Contributor
1,652 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Banana Azul

Sorry, only the apartment has a mini-fridge. The ocean air ruins the coils in no time. Complimentary ice is available at the bar.

Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
16,152 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Banana Azul

Have no need for a fridge in a room since the cocktails at the bar were very good and at reasonable price. Also the dinner is excellent in taste and in value. The menu is posted on the blackboard each day so you will have the chance to decide if eating in or going out. Cooking on holidays is not on our agenda but if staying for a longer period of time it might be an option.

Midwest
Level Contributor
71 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Banana Azul

The apartment is an awesome place. I didn't buy any alcohol in town but stocked up at the Duty Free shop at the airport. (Wine). I ate most of the dinners at BA just because I was so relaxed and comfortable, there was no reason to go anywhere else! But there are lots of good places to eat in town.

Punta Uva, Costa...
Level Contributor
6,874 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Banana Azul

Buy some rum at duty free shop at SJO, you'll save lots of money, my favorite is Zacapa 23.

7. Re: Banana Azul

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:17 am, June 21, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Puerto Viejo de...