We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

La Kukula & La Costa De Papito - Anyone Stayed at Both?

boulder
Level Contributor
184 posts
Save Topic
La Kukula & La Costa De Papito - Anyone Stayed at Both?

Hi!

Can anyone tell me the similarities and differences between these two places? They both sound absolutely delightful and were having a tough time deciding on where to stay. How do we even choose? Does one have a better location or something? Help!?

Thanks!

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
30 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: La Kukula & La Costa De Papito - Anyone Stayed at Both?

We stayed at La Costa de Papito and LOVED IT! Eddie and his family are great, my teeange son bonded with his son who took him out surfing every day, the food is fresh and amazing, the front desk staff very helpful, and the bartender Kay (pronounced like Kai) and the watress Manerva will forever hold a special place in our heart. You can't see the beach from the bungalows, but you can hear it, and it's just a few minutes walk up the road. We loved our bungalow, all handmade, all very unique. STAY AT La Costa de Papito!!!!! I promise they are not paying me to say this either! Oh, and I did like how it's only a 15 minute walk to Puerto Viejo, and a quick taxi cab ride to Punta Uva, the best beach in the world!

Mentioned in this post
Hotel La Costa de Papito
Hotel La Costa de Papito
747 Reviews
Puerto Viejo de Talamanca, Costa Rica
Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
Province of Limon, Costa Rica
Punta Uva
Punta Uva
Puerto Viejo de Talamanca, Costa Rica
Puerto Viejo, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
Level Contributor
1,663 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: La Kukula & La Costa De Papito - Anyone Stayed at Both?

Very hard choice. Both are good. Can not really compare them as they are different and different locations. Both have very good hosts as well.

3. Re: La Kukula & La Costa De Papito - Anyone Stayed at Both?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:40 am, June 20, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Puerto Viejo de...