We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

We have no place to stay our last two nights. Suggestions?

boulder
Level Contributor
177 posts
Save Topic
We have no place to stay our last two nights. Suggestions?

Hi guys! Staying at the Korrigan most nights but wifey and I need a place to stay our last two nights before heading back to San Jose.

The Korrigan has no room for us on April 17th and 18th and Pachamama is out of room as well. I've heard mixed reviews on "Cabanas Punta Uva" and other places.

Anyone have a gleaming recommendation for any other lodging that might have room? How about Cocles or Chiquita? Need a nice place to stay!

Thanks!

Canada
Level Contributor
3,964 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: We have no place to stay our last two nights. Suggestions?

If you would like to try someting unique, give Almonds and Corals a try, even if just for 1 night. It has some mixed reviews as well but when I stayed there I really enjoyed it.

http://www.almondsandcorals.com/

Or if you have money to burn Le Cameleon was good enough for Marc Anthony when they were filming Q Viva

Edited: 1:52 pm, March 14, 2012
Punta Uva, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
Level Contributor
6,874 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: We have no place to stay our last two nights. Suggestions?

Try Kukula Lodge, in Playa Chiquita and Costa de Papito in Cocles.

Puerto Viejo de...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
2,254 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: We have no place to stay our last two nights. Suggestions?

Almondas and Corrals as well as Cameleon are a totally different price range. An option in Cocles could be caribe Town Resort or Finca Chica.

Puerto Viejo de...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
2,254 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: We have no place to stay our last two nights. Suggestions?

Sorry, that should be Almonds and Corrals. Cubanon's suggestions are good too.

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
9,287 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: We have no place to stay our last two nights. Suggestions?

Check out Casa Viva which has one and two-bedroom rental houses with kitchens and great decks adjacent to the beach at Punta Uva on a beautifully landscaped property. We were there last week and it's my favorite spot to stay south of Puerto Viejo. See more at http://www.puntauva.net/

You could also consider spending the last 2 nites up the road at Cahuita and explore the national park, go snorkeling from a boat and visit the sloth sanctuary north of town. Check out the Playa Negra Guesthouse on the beach north of town. See more at http://www.playanegra.cr/

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,303 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: We have no place to stay our last two nights. Suggestions?

LA Caracola house...check them out!

roadadvsior

JENSEN BEACH
Level Contributor
10,896 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: We have no place to stay our last two nights. Suggestions?

Toucanstay Inn might have availability. Jon is quick to respond to email

Puerto Viejo, Costa...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
1,648 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: We have no place to stay our last two nights. Suggestions?

Cubanon's suggestions get my vote. Kukula Lodge and Costa de Papitos.

Punta Uva
Level Contributor
7 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: We have no place to stay our last two nights. Suggestions?

Hello There! I don't know if you have found a place for the "two nights" you were requesting...if you haven't, please get in touch with me. I own the Toucan Stay Inn in Punta Uva. We are the "petite B&B in a Garden by the Sea"...just a few blocks from Korrigan Lodge. We have two CLEAN air conditioned apartments with Hunter Fans over Quality King or King Beds.

I will be expect to arrive on or before April 15th...so I will be your host...

You probably have passed our large wooden gates if you went to down the "Dive Shop" entrance to punta uva beach. We are the two story green building directly across the street from the pulperia in Punta Uva. my email address is toucyanstayinn@yahoo.com also visit our website: www.toucanstayinn.com

Or...if Wendy, our caretaker is there, drop by and take a peek.

I hope you find something that you will enjoy...if you haven't already...I promise that you WILL ENJOY our little B&B.

Pura Vida,

Jon Stierwalt (owner)

10. Re: We have no place to stay our last two nights. Suggestions?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, June 20, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Puerto Viejo de...