We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Surfing Lessons

Ashburn, VA
Level Contributor
36 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Surfing Lessons

I would like to be put in touch with a good surfing instructor to give my 15 year old son some lessons. My son is a good and avid swimmer, but has never surfed. Needless to day, he is counting the days to do it while we are there in August. I am, however, a bit apprehensive that he'll want to take unnecesary risks on his own, therefore I'd much prefer he spends a morning or so with a qualified instructor.

Should I pre-arrange an instructor or should I just wait until we get there and find one? Thing is, we'll get there late afternoon on a Sunday, and I'd like him to go surfing the next morning if possible.

Thanks!

Gecko Trail - Day Tours
River Rafting & Tubing, Scuba & Snorkeling, Surfing, Windsurfing & Kitesurfing, Hiking & Camping Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Totem Surf School
Surfing, Windsurfing & Kitesurfing
Caribbean Surf School & Shop
Surfing, Windsurfing & Kitesurfing
Escapade Costa Rica Tours
Taxis & Shuttles, Boat Tours, Horseback Riding Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Surfing, Windsurfing & Kitesurfing
Puerto Viejo, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
Level Contributor
1,656 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Surfing Lessons

There are some good qualified instructors here that can easily help you with your son[s surfing.

Best just set up while you are here. Names of popular ones are Hershel, Topo and Beto. You can also call Brian and if he can not do it, he can arrange someone. He works with all these guys.

(506) 8869-4201 or email at brian@infiniteforest.com

These guys are all fully qualified and your son will not be in any danger. They asses his level before deciding which beach to be at. Most beginers start at the barge in Playa Negra. Here is a map link of location. You will see barge just off to left of thei ice cream place.

puertoviejosatellite.com/index.php?open=168

Ashburn, VA
Level Contributor
36 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Surfing Lessons

Hey Colin,

You are the best!!! Thanks for the quick response. I'll get in touch with Brian, just to make sure someone is lined up on that particular day/time.

3. Re: Surfing Lessons

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:19 pm, October 04, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Puerto Viejo de...