We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Villas del Caribe - anyone stayed here?

Which Puerto Viejo de Talamanca hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
1969baby
1 post
Save Topic
Villas del Caribe - anyone stayed here?

Has anyone stayed at Villas del Caribe in the past year? The most recent reviews on here are from 2006. Just wondering about it.

Specifically, I think I read somewhere that the only rooms worth having are the ones on the 2nd floor - because of the breeze. Is this true? If I stay there, I'm interested in the Junior Villas, which are only on the 1st floor. Otherwise, it looks like a great place - very close to the beach.

How's the swimming at that beach, where the hotel fronts?

Thanks!

Puerto Viejo, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
Level Contributor
1,645 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Villas del Caribe - anyone stayed here?

I have never stayed there.

They recently )within the past year) have completely redone all the rooms. they were very nice when I saw them. It is right on the beach and there are places all over protected by reefs that make swimming possible. However in certain months the ocean is so rough that it would not make a difference reef or not.

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
811 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Villas del Caribe - anyone stayed here?

Thank you Colin. Would April be one of those months when the ocean would be totally crazy? :) I'm thinking of coming in April but I'm a bit worried about the rainfall amounts in the Caribe area - I'm only going to be there for a few days so I won't have the luxury of sparing days... Thanks.

Puerto Viejo de...
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Villas del Caribe - anyone stayed here?

hi..my father stayed in one of the bottom floor rooms....It was great. The back porch is open so you can walk straight to the beach or be outside in one step. He loved that .The room was nice....had everything he needed......nice big bed.......nice shower.....cute partial kitchen...... I really liked it there just from what I saw from visiting him at the room. Hope that helps........Poppy

Puerto Viejo
Level Contributor
92 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Villas del Caribe - anyone stayed here?

I've put plenty of clients there. None had anything bad to say.

Plumboy - The weather can go either way on any day in April. No telling. Even on rainy days, it usually only rains a few hours out of 24. And this is a fantastic place to be even in the rain. You could have no rain at all. The same goes anywhere in Costa Rica in April.

Happy planning - Aventuras Bravas

5. Re: Villas del Caribe - anyone stayed here?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:18 am, September 14, 2009