We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodations in Limon

California, USA
3 posts
Save Topic
Accommodations in Limon

Hello: My husband and I are going to Costa Rica next month for our 2nd anniversary. I have been reading your forums and I would like to get your recommendations on possible accommodations. We will fly into San Jose on Friday morning and probably spend two nights close to the city - I am considering the Out of Bounds B&B. Maybe do a day trip to one of the volcanos, and a white water rafting trip. Then on Sunday we would leave for the Caribbean coast to spend 4 - 5 nights. I have seen recommendations for La Costa de Papito, but I haven't seen any comments on the El Encanto B&B and the Tierra de Suenos. Which one would you recommend? My husband is a photographer and he will be working on a photo collection of natures colors in that area. In addition to his work, we want to go hiking, scuba or snorkeling and just enjoy the area. Do you think we need to rent a car, or could we just take a shuttle from San Jose to Limon, and then rent bikes or walk in the area? I really appreciate any comments or suggestions. Thanks very much!

Puerto Viejo, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
Level Contributor
1,651 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accommodations in Limon

El EnCanto is in Cauhita and is very nice as is La Costa de papitos in Puerto Viejo. Tierra de Suenos is new and is located much south of PV.

Please note,you will want to stay in Puerto Viejo versus the city of Limon. City of Limon is a port city and is not really a toursist destination.

If it is nature you are after, I would suggest you stay in Puerto Viejo are and make sure you take in Cauhita National park.

There is also an excellent jungle guide for Gandoca Manzanillo named Abel that could be very helpful in getting photos you desire. La Costa de Papito or Banana azul could help help you be set up with him.

Car would be nice, but not sure you need it. Taxi etc can be more economical and less hassle.

There is also great information on the whole area at this site.

http://www.puertoviejosatellite.com/

Hope that helps.

Puerto Viejo, Costa...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
1,651 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accommodations in Limon

Hello couple ...

Well, about acommodation, La Costa de Papito is always a good option, you can have alsoa look in www.BananaAzulcom, a really confortable hotel in Black Beach, the pretty quite Black Beach of Puerto Viejo, just check it on the web, trust me ... or sending an email , don´t hesitate to make any question and will try to make you as easy as possible ...

Photographer ??? Well, then it´s maybe driving on your own the best way, but any other option would be good, bikes are available all around the town ...

Hope decide you to come to Puerto Viejo, Natural Paradise

Cheers, Mvi

Puerto Viejo
8 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Accommodations in Limon

If you don't want surprices or troubles for your 2nd anniversary and you have a good bugget around 80/100 $ per day per the 2: check hotel Cariblue, the best in the area for services and ubication,

Azania Bungalows, same but smaller, Both with swimming pool and great landscape. Costa de Papito also very nice but no pool.

The area is cocles beach, 1 mile away from the noisy town. rent a bike in town and you can go everywhere here,

discovering the several beaches along this wonderful coast easy and funny. have a great vacation

Puerto Viejo, Costa...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
1,651 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Accommodations in Limon

You might want to check out reviews on Trip advisor on Cariblue before deciding on that one. Lately, people don´t seem to happy with that hotel.

costa rica
Level Contributor
357 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Accommodations in Limon

Dont stay in Limon!

Stay in Puerto Viejo.

ive not stayed there but Banana Azul looked great and gets good reviews here. its on Playa Negra the beach just north of town and you can use PV to explore the beaches south of which Punta Uva and Manzanillo are my faves!

…typepad.com/puerto_viejo/home/index.html

cocles
5 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Accommodations in Limon

EVERYBODY NEED THE TRUTH ABOUT CARIBLUE

Hi,

I live and surf in Cocles beach since a lot of time and I know everythink about the hotels here.

Hotel Cariblue still the best in the area, This is firm!

The place is great and is far from the horrible stuff reported in the reviews.

I really don't know what happen with this people that write the reviews, but I can tell you that the posts on cariblue are not fair, this place is always full and I personally go almost every month to dinner with friends at his restaurant Soleluna because is a magic and cozy place (and my girlfriend love it to! she is italian and love this cousine)

This hotel is always expanding with new building and alway remaking and fixing, my cousin is working for the local hardware shop here and he knows that they buy every week a lot of materials.

I note also that a lot of people is invidious with them because they have more work than the other hotels in the area. I guess that sometime people that not receive the discount they ask for or something could happen here, we still are in the caribbean

People could be not agree with the prices like it seems happen in the last report I red. But say that a place is cracking down..is something else!

Colin, have you never been there?

You live in puerto, don't you? so why you don't go to Cariblue and say the truth? you are the LOCAL EXPERT, you have to be impartial. people trust you so you tell them the truth.

If somebody want to know the truth about any hotel, ask me

I am the LOCALTRUE

Puerto Viejo, Costa...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
1,651 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Accommodations in Limon

Yes, I have been there. I choose not to comment.

8. Re: Accommodations in Limon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:20 am, September 11, 2009