We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

selve verde lodge or la selva biological station?

montreal, quebec
Level Contributor
100 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
selve verde lodge or la selva biological station?

Hello

We are planning on 2 nights in July with our 2 boys 10 and 11. There is now availability in the 2 places.

Which would be nicer, meaning comfortable and interesting, good walks and animals and good food?

Thanks

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
48,221 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: selve verde lodge or la selva biological station?

La Selva by OTS...Organization of Tropical Studies! Is the place...is well run ...nice hikes...a lot of birds...

Selva Verde is a commercial operation...

Luis Road Advisor

Just buckle up and enjoy the ride in paradise!!

Virginia
Level Contributor
6 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: selve verde lodge or la selva biological station?

La Selva Biological Station by far! I spent 9 weeks in Costa Rica early this year and it was the absolutely best place ever. The trails are wonderful and many and the wildlife incredibly abundant! Most times I couldn't decide what to be focused on since I had several options around me at one time (like howler monkeys, toucans, and collard peccary).

I've got many of the photos online if you'd like to view:

www.theherbsplace.com/gallery/laselva2008

wgr
Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
1,241 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: selve verde lodge or la selva biological station?

La Selva. We had a great time. Great guides. Do both a night hike and a day hike.

If you can, try to get one of the cottages. Gives you some room. You still eat at the cafeteria which has reasonable tico food, which was included.

IL
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: selve verde lodge or la selva biological station?

How did you like your trip? I am planning on going to Selve Verde any recomendations?

MD
Level Contributor
361 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: selve verde lodge or la selva biological station?

I can't tell you about la selva biological station, but I did spend a night at Selva Verde Lodge. To my pleasant surprise all meals were included in the room only rate. It was a very nice place and right on the river. The food was good & the tres leches cake we got for dessert was some of the best we got in CR. We did not see much for mammals, but many beautiful birds & lots of dart frogs.Like I said, I don't know about la selva biological, but I would definitely recommend Selva Verde Lodge. I sounds like you can't go wrong eith either choice.

6. Re: selve verde lodge or la selva biological station?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:25 am, September 30, 2009