We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Peace Lodge

Which Heredia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York
Level Contributor
28 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Peace Lodge

My husband, sister in law and niece are all visiting Costa Rica next month. We are staying at the Peace Lodge for 2 nights, shortly after its re-opening. I have heard mixed things about the quality of the food there. We were wondering if there are any small towns and/ or restaurants nearby... if not within walking distance, maybe a short taxi ride away? I have read nice things about the village/ town of Heredia, is this nearby?

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
1,148 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Peace Lodge

There is Colbert's, a popular French restaurant nearby. They sustained some damge from the quake but it didn't look too severe. I have not heard if they have re-opened.

Btw, the dinner at Pas is not all that bad, just over-priced. My dinner was fine. Better was the food I got at Trout Bar, though not sure if that will be opened by the time you get there.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
2,505 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Peace Lodge

Agree with midori. I thought the food at the Trout Bar was great. Also, we ordered in for dinner once and the ala-carte was less expensive and we enjoyed it by the fire. We also ate breakfast on our balcony one morning with the hummingbirds buzzing around. I think it's like $40 round trip taxi to Colbert's.

North Palm Beach...
Level Contributor
945 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Peace Lodge

Agree with both midori and travelicious - Trout Bar was great and we had room service for dinner both nights that we were there. The food was better to me. Nothing like having by the fire, listening to the night calls of the birds and animals, after spending some time in the hot tub. Hmmm - think it's time to get booking a trip again!

Antigua, Guatemala
Level Contributor
2,958 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Peace Lodge

Hi!

Lucky you guys!!! This is my favorite hotel ever. You will love it.

I take it you have a car, because Heredia is a good hour from the hotel. I ate at the Peace lodge and found it enjoyable. The atmosphere was lovely!

If you do want to make the trek to Heredia, my favorite restaurants here:

Baalbeck

Pan Y Vino

Have a great time!

Marina K. Villatoro

http://travelexperta.com

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,276 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Peace Lodge

Yes you are correct food is not the best...or at least use to be more into the bad side than the good side...as somebody suggested Colberts is a good option and maybe the only option...nothing to close even by car...all the way to Fraijanes or heredia or Alajuela...

Just buckle up and enjoy the ride in PARADISE!

6. Re: Peace Lodge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, December 07, 2009