We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time to Costa Rica

Kildeer, Illinois
Level Contributor
4 posts
9 reviews
First time to Costa Rica

My wife and I have only 5 days to spend and are staying in B&B south of Tamarindo. What top 3 activities should we do, what top 3 restaurants should we hit, what is the best beach to hit and any must see night club spots??

I look forward to the suggestions....

Kingman, Arizona
Level Contributor
2,718 posts
24 reviews
1. Re: First time to Costa Rica

the beach at tamarindo is soft sand for the most part and at the south end smaller waves .. the north end has bigger waves and lots of surfers ... i like the el pescador on the beach at the south end ... wok and roll for sushi and asian food in the middle of town ...without knowing your tastes for food and entertainment, hard to say what you'd enjoy most... lots to see and do in tamarindo

Edmonton Canada
Level Contributor
954 posts
68 reviews
2. Re: First time to Costa Rica

For activities, I recommend the one day adventure pass at Guachipelin, the Palo Verde river tour (can be linked with a visit to the town of Guatil where they make authentic Chorotega pottery), and a catamaran tour. For restaurants, don't miss Pangas beach club, Season's, and Bamboo Sushi. If you don't like sushi, then I'd add Patagonia. El Pescador appears to be closed now-- all boarded up. For beaches, no need to travel very far from Tamarindo-- you can visit Playas Tamarindo, Langosta, and Grande all within walking distance (for Grande you should take a Panga boat across the estuary at the north end of Playa Tamarindo). If you have a vehicle, Playas Avellanas and Conchal are both lovely. For nightclubs, Aqua is popular according to my sons, but I've never been there.

Edited: 9:06 pm, August 04, 2014
Kingman, Arizona
Level Contributor
2,718 posts
24 reviews
3. Re: First time to Costa Rica

I left out Playa Avellanas south tamarindo and Lola's on the beach is world famous and a great spot .. here's the link to their facebook page https:/…

Playa Conchal is 20 or so minutes north and famous for the white soft sand consisting of millions of finely ground shells ...

Kildeer, Illinois
Level Contributor
4 posts
9 reviews
4. Re: First time to Costa Rica

Thank you

Kildeer, Illinois
Level Contributor
4 posts
9 reviews
5. Re: First time to Costa Rica

Thank you

Kildeer, Illinois
Level Contributor
4 posts
9 reviews
6. Re: First time to Costa Rica

Thank you. Appreciate the info

Barrie, Canada
Level Contributor
264 posts
354 reviews
7. Re: First time to Costa Rica

We loved the Catamaran tour in Tamarindo run by Marlin Del Ray, and we also loved Four Wheeling around the Tamarindo area. Learning to surf is great and the sunsets at Tamarindo Beach are to die for.

Lots of great restaurants in the Tamarindo area, dont be afraid to check out some local "Sodas" for some great and affordable food. We like Wrap Soda in Tamarindo and also FT's for burritos, neither are fancy but both are great.

Friday night I would check out the Crazy Monkey Bar at the Best Western Vista Villas. Comes with free drinks for an hour or two.

8. Re: First time to Costa Rica

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, August 12, 2015