We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tamarindo to San Jose Flight home

Which Tamarindo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Miami, FL
Level Contributor
13 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Tamarindo to San Jose Flight home

Hi,

I saw that there is a flight on Sansa Airlines from Tamarindo to San Jose. It gets in at 12:24. I was going to book a Jetblue Flight to Fort Lauderdale that leaves San Jose at 1:01 PM. Would that be totally crazy and too tight for me to get off the Sansa Flight at 12:24, and make the Jetblue Flight at 1:01? Has anyone ever attempted this?

Yes I know I could go to Miami from Liberia, but that was a lot more money.

Thanks!

Canada
Level Contributor
3,838 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tamarindo to San Jose Flight home

Not just crazy but completely impossible for multiple reasons.

London, United...
Level Contributor
9,086 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tamarindo to San Jose Flight home

We took an earlier Nature Air flight from Tamarindo, which left at 7am. That would work.

Once landed you will be bussed, with your luggage, to the front of the airport just as if you had been dropped off by taxi.

Even if the flight is on time you will be too late to check in and get through security.

Miami, FL
Level Contributor
13 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tamarindo to San Jose Flight home

Yeah thanks for the tips. I think it was just wishful thinking. I know here security lines are usually about 10-15 minutes, but I have no idea there. With the added time of being bused to the terminal, its all but impossible I guess.

I was thinking about also doing the early flight to be hours early , but I would be in the airport for four hours. I wonder if I should just do one of those bus deals like the Grey line or the other one I was hearing so much about on here, (I forgot the name.) I could get a bus for like $50 right? I think its like 5 hours, to SJO from Tamarindo right? In That case I could just do that at 6:00 or so instead.

4. Re: Tamarindo to San Jose Flight home

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, March 18, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Tamarindo