We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tamarindo shuttle company

Wokingham, United...
Level Contributor
335 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Tamarindo shuttle company

My AA flight will be landing at 19 45 on Feb 24 at Liberia airport. Is the Tamarindo shuttle bus company reliable as I've heard conflicting stories about them online and their website seems to require payment up front too. I'm a bit cautious when using my Debit Card from the UK to book services in another country in fear of both fraud and whether they will actually turn up once paid.

Could anyone give me their experiences with this company because the alternative $100 taxi fare really doesn't sound too appealling given we are on a budget. I;m staying in Tamarindo itself

Edited: 7:48 pm, January 02, 2014
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Tamarindo shuttle company

We have used Tamarindo Shuttle twice. Both times we were already in tamarindo and walked into their office and booked a shuttle to Liberia airport. We had morning flights and had to be picked up by 5:30 am. They arrived on time and had a very good and safe driver. The price was great too! I would definitely recommend them!

Memphis, Tennessee
Level Contributor
41 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Tamarindo shuttle company

We have had good luck with Tamarindo Shuttle. We prefer Xplore. they are very professional and honest. I lost my wallet in their van and they drove it back to the airport and gave to me, complete with the cash and credit cards. Contact Denise, she is very helpful.

Chicago
Level Contributor
24 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Tamarindo shuttle company

Tamarindo Transfers changed hands a year or two ago and i think you will find that all the complaints come from the time before the handover. That said, both they and Xplore Costa Rica offer relaible service

costa rica
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
14. Re: Tamarindo shuttle company

Hello Jenn,

I don-t know which Tamarindo Shuttle your friend was using but it was certainly not Tamarindo Transfers & Tours. The problem is that nowadays almost all compánies call themselves Tamarindo Shuttle to see what clients they can pick up at the airport or best said steal from us

Even the company Xplore who you have recommended in other posts here on Facebook has a sign at the airport saying Tamarindo Shuttle....I guess it could have been anybody at this point, right?

This situation leads to a lot of confusion to travellers coming into Liberia airport.

The only authentic Tamarindo Shuttle is run by Tamarindo Transfers & Tours and our domain is www.tamarindoshuttle.com

Yes, I am the owner of this website and my company is Tamarindo Transfers & Tours formerly known as Tamarindo Shuttle.

Due to old bad reviews here on Tripadvisor about Tamarindo Shuttle we have ceased to call our business that way. I don't want to even get into the detail of how hard it is to make tripadvisor understand that this is a new company with an old domain and therefore we would like them to delete the old negative posts about Tamarindo Shuttle.

Just to be clear, we have NEVER have had our customers wait at the airport for 3 hours and then let them go in Tamarindo without paying....

As a matter of fact our company has a very good reputation in Tamarindo and is steadily growing and we work hard to satisfy our customers. So a review which is not first hand and very vague can do a lot of damage and I sincerely think that some people are just making random comments to hurt certain businesses

Macomb, Illinois
Level Contributor
4 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Tamarindo shuttle company

Hello foxbat,

I have used Tamarindo transfers and tours is THE BEST shuttle service. The company can be found on Facebook. $20 per person is the cheapest you find. The buses are all new and comfortable. Yes, you have to book it with a credit card. The driver waits for you outside the airport with your name on a sign. They take your suitcase and bring you to your hotel or hostel front door. They have an office right in town where you can book your return transfer. On your departure day the driver will pick you up right in front of your hotel. Friendly and safe drivers.

Saskatoon
Level Contributor
396 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Tamarindo shuttle company

Hi

I am trying to find transportation from the Riu Palace Feb 20 2016 to Tamarindo , as we are staying in a condo the second week of our stay in Costa Rica . any ideas are great ideas if you can suggest anything

17. Re: Tamarindo shuttle company

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, August 24, 2016