We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Studying spanish in Tamarindo?

Which Tamarindo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
A H
Morristown...
Level Contributor
4 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Studying spanish in Tamarindo?

I am a Spanish major in college and I am looking at oppertunities to study abroad, one of the trips is a 4 week course in Tamarindo, Costa Rica.

Do you reccomend this? What are the things I should know about the area?

What time of year is best to go?

Does anyone know about the Tamarindo Spanish School?

Thanks all!

Tamarindo, Costa...
Level Contributor
490 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Studying spanish in Tamarindo?

There are two Spanish schools in town that are very good. They are Wayra and CSI. Both offer weeklong classes as well as Spanish immersion.

We get visitors to Tamarindo all year round, although it will be very rainy in September and October, and some businesses take that time for renovations and vacations.

Our town is a tourist community, with plenty of beautiful beach right here, and others just a short driver away. There are opportunities for all sorts of extra activities, such as surfing, tennis, fishing, golf, zipline tours, ATV tours and more. At night, it can be quite the social place.

I think you enjoy the Spanish classes and then the beauty of Tamarindo.

Tamarindo, Costa...
Level Contributor
1,781 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Studying spanish in Tamarindo?

The "Tamarindo Spanish School" is actually the same as the Wayra Spanish Institute - great school!

3. Re: Studying spanish in Tamarindo?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, December 10, 2014