We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Markets near Tamarindo?

Saskatoon, Canada
6 posts
Save Topic
Markets near Tamarindo?

Just wondering as to what there is for markets in or around Tamarindo? Farmer's markets? flea markets? All I've noticed from Tamarindo so far is tat it's high end shopping and I'm looking for a place to find things that are a little more authentic. Thank you.

Papaya Con Leche
Gift & Specialty Shops
Lydia Beech Art
Gift & Specialty Shops, Lessons & Workshops, Art Galleries
EK Art Jewelry
Gift & Specialty Shops
Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,653 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Markets near Tamarindo?

Well..... that's Tamarindo.

I seem to remember that there's a farmer's market on Saturday - but maybe that's wrong. I doubt you will find a flea market - they really don't exist in Costa Rica.

Try asking a few people around Tamarindo - especially the locals and not other visitors.

For more "authentic" and less expensive, you will probably need to go to Santa Cruz.

Tamarindo, Costa...
Level Contributor
490 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Markets near Tamarindo?

I remember searching all over the place to antiques, they are a scarcity here in Costa Rica. On Saturday, next to Super2001, near Jaime Pelligro Bookstore, there is a Farmers market and there are some crafts there. Honestly, if you are looking for souvenirs there are TONS of these shops. The best souvenir, in my opinion, is Costa Rican coffee, which you an buy in any supermarket in town.

Quebec City, Canada
Level Contributor
105 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Markets near Tamarindo?

Is the previous information still accurate during July and August, is there still a Farmers market on Saturdays in Tamarindo, and where? Thanks

Quebec City, Canada
Level Contributor
105 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Markets near Tamarindo?

Can anyone confirm me if the Farmers Market, mentionned in post # 2, is going on in July in Tamarindo ( "On Saturday, next to Super2001 ")

And, is there other Farmers market around Tamarindo, in other cities?

Thanks

Tamarindo, Costa...
Level Contributor
63 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Markets near Tamarindo?

The farmer's market/ craft market near Jaime Peligro's is still going on in July-August (not a large event). There are farmer's produce markets in Villa Real (just up the road) on Mondays and Fridays, as well as a produce stand just after the turn towards Tamarindo in Villa Real.

There are a few souvenir stores along the road on the drive from the airport to Tamarindo, but I'm not sure if they are any "more authentic".

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
48,221 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Markets near Tamarindo?

Agree with HAttie that is Tamarindo!

roadadvisor

Quebec City, Canada
Level Contributor
105 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Markets near Tamarindo?

Back from Costa Rica and I can confirm about the Saturday Farmers Market in Tamarindo in front of Tico Cafe, near the market Super 2001. I also saw farmers selling fruits and veggies from their carts on the side of the road and I bought fresh orange juice from different vendors, freshly made from their trucks, nice!

8. Re: Markets near Tamarindo?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, August 09, 2014