We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Guanacaste Tour Companies?

Chicago, Illinois...
Level Contributor
8 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Best Guanacaste Tour Companies?

Hi,

I'll be staying in Tamarindo for a week in February with my girlfriend and I was wondering if any of the tour companies are considered better than others? It seems like a lot of the companies offer the same/very similar tours to the same locations. Are they all the same? Are any companies better? Or are any cheaper? Also, is it recomended to book ahead or can I just book at the hotel/in town when I get there? We will be staying at Hotel Diria. Any help is much appreciated! Thanks!

Grecia, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Province of Alajuela
Level Contributor
8,008 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Guanacaste Tour Companies?

I would check out Xplore - http://xplorecostarica.com/ best in the area IMO.

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,654 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Guanacaste Tour Companies?

They are all similar with similar prices. You might find some "pirate" outfit that offers a cheap tour, but chances are, they are not licensed or anything. Sometimes there will be sales or discounts available. Probably better just to wait until you get there and see what's available and you can make your choice.

Some recommended tour companies include Xplore Costa Rica, Yours Your Way, Maleku Tours and Papagayo Vargas, among others.

Edited: 1:18 pm, January 21, 2013
Chicago, Illinois...
Level Contributor
8 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Guanacaste Tour Companies?

Great, thanks for the responses! Xplore was one of the companies on my list and I'll definitely check them out when I get there. Thanks again!

Apollo Beach...
Level Contributor
237 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Guanacaste Tour Companies?

Agree with Xplore Costa Rica. We use them every time we're down and already have them booked for this year's trips.

Wokingham, United...
Level Contributor
35 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Guanacaste Tour Companies?

Try Costa Rica Expeditions and ask for Marco Hernandez. I just came back from a fantastic trip to Costa Rica and I could not have been in better hands.

Edited: 6:47 pm, January 21, 2013
Toronto
Level Contributor
18 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Guanacaste Tour Companies?

Call Javier (www.lovingcostarica.com). He is a one-man show, and the only person that I've done tours with for the past three years that I've been coming down here. He's really knowledgeable, certified and well-connected. He has his own, new, air conditioned van. I've done Palo Verde National Park, Llanos de las Cortez waterfall and Mirvales Volcano with him. He's awesome, reliable and speaks amazing English.

guanacaste
Level Contributor
3,093 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Guanacaste Tour Companies?

either Xplore or the tour desk at Diria

Tamarindo, Costa...
Level Contributor
490 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Guanacaste Tour Companies?

I can recommend Xplore tour company, it has a very good reputation.

9. Re: Best Guanacaste Tour Companies?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, March 29, 2014