We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tamarindo House Rental Advice

Eugene, Oregon
9 posts
Save Topic
Tamarindo House Rental Advice

We listened to some Tripadvisor advice and decided to trust our instinct so we are looking at another house and rental agency that has received a lot of excellent reviews.

Has anyone heard of King by the Sea vacation rentals in Tamarindo? They manage Casa De Las Tortugas on Playa Langosta (also on vrbo)? They want us to wire money to pay for the house in 2 payments to the Banco Nacional de Costa Rica. I am a bit surprised that credit cards are not a payment option in this high tourist area. Is there a way to check to verify that this is a reputable company?

Thank you once again!

Kristen

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,644 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tamarindo House Rental Advice

Dear Kristen...

Good question...some rentals do not accept credit cards for some reasons...some as the banks will charge up to 7% to process the charge...another is people can dispute the charges...in case that they are not happy with the rental...

Maybe send a PM to surfsponger incredible nice decent person and he lives exactly around that house...really not that far away!

ROADADVISOR

Memphis, Tennessee
Level Contributor
41 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tamarindo House Rental Advice

We have rented several times through Blue Water Properties of Costa Rica. They have been extremely professional and accommodating. They manage rentals and sell real estate as well. They have a few offices, including one in Tamarindo. They accept credit cards and pay pal. They are very reputable and I would strongly recommend them. I would be suspicious of an agency that requests that you wire money. At least you have some recourse if you use credit cards.

www.BlueWaterPropertiesOfCostaRica.com

Tamarindo, Costa...
Level Contributor
1,781 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Tamarindo House Rental Advice

I don't recognize the name, but doesn't mean they're not reputable. Google only shows a company in Florida. If you send me a PM with more information, i will see what I can find.

Newport Beach...
Level Contributor
2 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tamarindo House Rental Advice

Brian King is as honest is the day is long. You are more then fine in his hands. The best house he manages is Villa Marrakech one of the finest beach homes in Costa Rica. Also in Playa Longosta a mile from Tamarindo city center.

Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Tamarindo House Rental Advice

I second what byuby5 stated above. Brian King is the person behind King By the Sea. He has lived in the area for a number of years, manages quite a few of the high end homes in tamarindo/langosta and aside from being what I consider an honest guy he is also a nice guy.

guanacaste
Level Contributor
3,091 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tamarindo House Rental Advice

A company that I deal with in the Tamarindo - Flamingo area is http://bluewaterpropertiesofcostarica.com/

7. Re: Tamarindo House Rental Advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it made false or speculative claims about TripAdvisor and its staff, or it quoted or summarized private correspondence from TripAdvisor staff.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:37 pm, December 27, 2012
guanacaste
Level Contributor
3,091 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tamarindo House Rental Advice

Just to clarify, the fact that a TA forum writer has not not heard of http://bluewaterpropertiesofcostarica.com/ , it doesn't mean that the company is not known or serious. http://bluewaterpropertiesofcostarica.com/ has been in business for a long time , the owners live in the country. My opinion is unbiased and I respect other suggestions of other companies as well.

You can contact Becky at Blue Water US Phone: (813) 579-3350 CR Cell: (506) 8705-1850

Another expert in the area is surfspongerTamarindo , you can contact him though PM on TA forum.

New York City, New...
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Tamarindo House Rental Advice

Has anyone heard of Villas Costa Rica or Escape Villas?

New York City, New...
2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Tamarindo House Rental Advice

We are renting a house through them and I was all ready to wire money when my wife made me think about it for a minute. I'm such a trusting fool sometimes.

Anyway, not finding alot online about them either way (unless you look at their site). Thanks all.