We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tamarindo Shuttle

Which Tamarindo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Summerton, SC
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Tamarindo Shuttle

Anybody used them before? Are they reliable? Rate $20 pp Liberia to Tamarindo.

Tamarindo, Costa...
Level Contributor
490 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Tamarindo Shuttle

Hey Emmie,

The thing about Tamarindo Shuttle is the following, they are cheap and safe. As for reliable, I have heard many stories about them running 20-30 minutes late. The reason for this is that they pick people up from various locations around town and, in order to fill their bus up as much as possible, will try and average out people's pick up times. This works fine if you aren't on a tight schedule, not so well if you plan things down to the wire. I would definitely not use them for early AM trips to the airport and late PM trips from the airport. They have failed to show up for our guests on multiple occasions for those 4am pickups, and have left guests stranded at the airport when their plane came in late. During normal running times, though, they at least show up. Hope that helps!

Altoona...
Level Contributor
254 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tamarindo Shuttle

I used them both ways in February. I had read some horror stories about them not picking up guests for early morning flights but we were picked up right on time at 4 a.m. They were called the day before to confirm so I'm not sure if that helps or not.

Summerton, SC
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tamarindo Shuttle

ok, thanks for the info guys!

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,036 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tamarindo Shuttle

Most people really happy with them...just reconfrim services!

roadadvisor

5. Re: Tamarindo Shuttle

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 pm, August 21, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Tamarindo