We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant in Tamarindo for a rehearsal/welcome dinner

Dover, New Hampshire
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant in Tamarindo for a rehearsal/welcome dinner

Hi Folks,

About 60 of us will be in Tamarindo at the Playa Langosta for my wedding in November. My folks would like to have a welcome reception/dinner for all of our friends and family. Beachfront would be nice, but I understand that accomodating 60 people may be a bit difficult for local resteraunts. Any suggestions???

Are there any catering companies that could do a beach BBQ or something like that??

Thanks for the help!!!!

Grecia, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
916 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant in Tamarindo for a rehearsal/welcome dinner

You can try Sunset catering, they did a marriage celebration (3rd time's the charm) 2 years ago that I attended, and the food was very fresh, lite, and typically Caribbean/Mexican/Costa Rican fusion rpmvacationrentals.com/restaurants/sunsetcat…

and here http://www.tamarindo.com/sunset-catering/

I hope you have a great celebration on a perfect beach.

Tamarindo
Level Contributor
132 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant in Tamarindo for a rehearsal/welcome dinner

You could try Nibbana, the El Coconut, or Dragonfly. Nibbana is right on the beach; Coconut is across the street from the beach and DragonFly is a few blocks off the beach but all 3 of those would be able to accommodate that number of people.

3. Re: Restaurant in Tamarindo for a rehearsal/welcome dinner

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 5:35 pm, October 02, 2012
San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
47,184 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant in Tamarindo for a rehearsal/welcome dinner

You can also contact Carnes Retana...nobody can offer better BBQ than RETANA...the best...simple the best...they help us with a couple very large groups...and every body love the service and the BBQ...they can help you with anything you may need...they even have a place across from Auto Mercado in Tamarindo where they have enough room for 60 people...or more...

www.carnesdonfernando.com

roadadvisor

Tamarindo, Costa...
Level Contributor
490 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant in Tamarindo for a rehearsal/welcome dinner

I know this might sound like an off the wall suggestion, but what if you held a welcome/reception Sunset Catamaran cruise? With that many people you might be able to privately charter the Marlin Del Rey catamaran for about the same cost as a restaurant.... I think that would make for an unforgettable and very Costa Rican style celebration!!!

Wayne, New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Playa Conchal
Level Contributor
1,631 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurant in Tamarindo for a rehearsal/welcome dinner

Contact the Beach Club at Reserva Conchal. They do wedding receptions there all the time, and its right on the beach. I am sure they could handle 60.

7. Re: Restaurant in Tamarindo for a rehearsal/welcome dinner

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 6:06 pm, May 31, 2013
Montclair, New...
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurant in Tamarindo for a rehearsal/welcome dinner

We had our rehearsal dinner for 70 people at El Pescador and it was alot of fun. The new owner is great and the food was delicious. Our wedding planner, Jamie from Tropical Events by Jamie also arranged for live music and a fire dancing performance. The night was simply spectacular!

9. Re: Restaurant in Tamarindo for a rehearsal/welcome dinner

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, June 09, 2014