We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for a place in Tamarindo

San Antonio, Texas
3 posts
Save Topic
Looking for a place in Tamarindo

My boyfriend and I are looking for a bungalow in Tamarindo for a couple nights in early December before we make our way to Playa Grande. We would like to be able to grab our surf boards and run out the patio to the beach. Can anyone recommend something like this? I understand that most of the beaches are protected in this area, but surely, there has to be somewhere.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
3,528 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for a place in Tamarindo

The Capitan Suizo Hotel offer some very nice bungallows with and without A/C

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
47,184 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for a place in Tamarindo

Dear Candy...

Lovely idea...maybe you can take a look at CASA COOK...great location...you are close to Langosta beach from Casa Cook...great surfing in Langosta....and about 15 minutes or less to some great surfing in Tamarindo going to the Northern side of the beach...

roadadvisor

Tamarindo, Costa...
Level Contributor
750 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for a place in Tamarindo

You can also try La Palapa, Hotel Zullymar, La Laguna de Cocodrilo, Witch's Rock Surf Camp (young crowd), Best Western (across the street), Hotel Diria.

Check www.tamarindohomepage.com for other suggestions.

Playa Guiones...
Destination Expert
for Nosara
Level Contributor
2,333 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for a place in Tamarindo

Candy, any chance your boyfriend is JDavis? LOL. Anyway, you might want to follow the post titled 'Guanacaste Favorite Bungalow'. Seems he's looking for the same thing in Tamarindo (and elsewhere) so you may get some ideas there!

San Antonio, Texas
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for a place in Tamarindo

Ummm....no, but that's funny! Thanks for the head's up though! :)

Santa Barbara...
Level Contributor
26 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for a place in Tamarindo

if you want to get your own little condo or house instead of a hotel (suizo and casa cook are good options, though. they are RIGHT on the beach and away from the chaos), contact www.kingbythesea. he's got a ton of properties and can help for sure. and if you want to visit some other spots before you head to grande, contact www.crsurflife.com. really good guy and very knowledgeable.

London, United...
Level Contributor
32 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Looking for a place in Tamarindo

I highly recommend Hotel Luna LLena; lovely bungalows - very quiet but a few minutes walk to town and the beach. Very safe. I love it there.

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
11 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Looking for a place in Tamarindo

I would vote for Hotel Diria. Right on the beach and center of town. :) Then onto Playa Grande!

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
3,395 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Looking for a place in Tamarindo

I'll second KrisPeanut. Diria is quite nice and right on the beach

Tamarindo
Level Contributor
95 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Looking for a place in Tamarindo

If you are going to consider the Diria, you might go ahead and consider renting Condo Frente al Mar If you come before the holidays, the rate will probably be cheaper than the Diria and you get your own kitchen, privacy, and the waves are better at Langosta than at Tamarindo.