We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach Wedding planning in Tamarindo. Advice?!

Nashville, Tennessee
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Beach Wedding planning in Tamarindo. Advice?!

Hello Tripadvisors,

My fiance and I are planning a beach wedding in Tamarindo in November, 2010. It's going to be very small and intimate, about 6 to 8 guests total. We've looked at wedding packages at resorts but we'd really prefer to piece together something more personal and fitting to our needs (and budget!). We've rented a beautiful beach house with an ocean view where we will have the reception dinner. For the wedding, we basically need an official, a photographer, a florist, and a musician or two. We'd greatly appreciate an suggestions/recommendations for affordable vendors who do good work.

Thanks!

1. Re: Beach Wedding planning in Tamarindo. Advice?!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12:35 am, August 14, 2010
Edited: 12:35 am, August 14, 2010
Tamarindo, Costa...
Level Contributor
747 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach Wedding planning in Tamarindo. Advice?!

Congratulations!

There's really only one florist in the area. Floristeria Cristal in Huacas. 2653-8762

For an official - Einar Villavicencio does a lovely job. villalaw@gmail.com

There are several good photographers in town.

Toh Gouttenoire with BiDrop - 8390-3751

Thornton - 2653-1182

Catering - Lane Patrick Catering - tropicalchef@gmail.com

Musicians: hmmm - This is tough - it depends on what kind of music you're looking for. Jesse Bishop, if Brian Dale is in town he'd be good too. They're both guitar/singers that play just about anything. I'm sure other will have more suggestions on this. Best to let us know if you're looking for something classical or other.

Tamarindo, Costa...
Level Contributor
1,781 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach Wedding planning in Tamarindo. Advice?!

Here is a beautican for the Bridal Services:

tamarindocosta-rica.com/living/personal-heal…

Long Beach...
Level Contributor
9 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach Wedding planning in Tamarindo. Advice?!

HollyGoLightly,

I'm planning the exact same type of wedding for next July. Ceremony at the vacation rental followed by a dinner at a restaurant though. I totally agree that the wedding services offered were too expensive and it doesn't need to be that complicated! Please keep me posted on your plans and outcome, Any advise you have to offer from your experience will be greatly appreciated!

All the best, and good luck!

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
37 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Beach Wedding planning in Tamarindo. Advice?!

Please don´t get married in Tamarindo!! it breaks my heart!! its such a tourist trap!! my sister got mariied in HACIENDA PINILLA, that was a great wedding!! if you want more info you can talk to my sister, just tell me. And she´ll write something...

Tamarindo, Costa...
Level Contributor
1,781 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Beach Wedding planning in Tamarindo. Advice?!

Hacienda Pinilla is a beautiful development and its so big it has its own golf course, horseback riding, restaurants, and even inside the JW Marriott Guanacaste Hotel. For sure a beautiful place for a wedding, but it's expensive!

And, I've talked to wedding guests who didn't like the fact they were so isolated from the Costa Rica. Tamarindo is 30-minutes away, and as much as they liked the groom and bride, they felt "trapped." because they also wanted to walk around a local town. Yes, their are tours available, but not the same as doing it yourself.

Edited: 6:56 am, August 18, 2010
Tamarindo, Costa...
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Beach Wedding planning in Tamarindo. Advice?!

Don't consider the advice about a guy with his experiece.

I have 8 years in Tamarindo and had the oportunity to see problably 20 weedings a year becuase b my work and every body were really happy.

I undesrtand one of thousands had a bad experiece, that happen everywhere.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Beach Wedding planning in Tamarindo. Advice?!

I hope your wedding was wonderful! I was wondering if you could let me know who you ended up using? I am getting married in May 2011 and need a little guidance!

Thank you!

Audra

Wisconsin Rapids...
Level Contributor
696 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Beach Wedding planning in Tamarindo. Advice?!

The grounds of Captian Suizo are beatiful.

Bonaire
Destination Expert
for Bonaire
Level Contributor
2,500 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Beach Wedding planning in Tamarindo. Advice?!

I held my destination wedding in Playa Langosta in Dec. 2007, and it was wonderful. I highly recommend using a wedding planner. We used Pura Vida Weddings, and they were excellent! Our guitarist was Jesse Bishop, and I would recommend him as well. Our photographer was Sean from Lifetime Digital Imaging, and I can't recommend this company highly enough. Their photos are simply incredible. I wouldn't have considered doing this without a planner with local knowledge - it makes all of the difference in the world.

Good Luck!