We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

An Example of Why I like Tamarindo Costa Rica

Which Tamarindo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Tamarindo, Costa...
Level Contributor
1,781 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
An Example of Why I like Tamarindo Costa Rica

Walking on the beach today, I watched a little dog take off like a bolt of lightning after a member of the Tamarindo Tourist Police who riding his little 100cc motorcycle. The policeman sped up to avoid the dog, but he stayed right on his tail for some 500 yards.

At the end of the stretch of beach, he turned his motorbike around and rode back to the owner with the dog still chasing and barking. The owner and policeman simply chuckled about the incident over a couple of beers.

How would a policeman do in another country respond? Tickets, court dates, fines? This is just a small example of what I think "Pura Vida" means.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,026 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: An Example of Why I like Tamarindo Costa Rica

Thank you surfponge...you are the kind of person from another country that understand a lot of our culture...some people call them selfs ¨locals¨ and have no idea most of the time where they are...

Gracias

roadadvisor

2. Re: An Example of Why I like Tamarindo Costa Rica

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 10:36 am, March 12, 2010
Tamarindo, Costa...
Level Contributor
344 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: An Example of Why I like Tamarindo Costa Rica

That's called Pura Vida!!

Maple Ridge, Canada
Level Contributor
550 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: An Example of Why I like Tamarindo Costa Rica

This story made me smile ... :)

In addition,

Congratulations Surfsponger

Sue

Edited: 11:25 pm, March 27, 2010
5. Re: An Example of Why I like Tamarindo Costa Rica

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, September 24, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Tamarindo