We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4x4 rentals

toronto
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
4x4 rentals

My husband and I along with our 24 yr old daughter will be visiting CR in March for 17 days.We arrive /depart Liberia airport.We want to rent a 4x4 and have been checking prices online.The best prices seem to be a company called 4x4 Rent a Car. Does anyone know anything about this company?

Thank you

Punta Uva, Costa...
Level Contributor
6,874 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 4x4 rentals

I'm sure they are fine, older vehicles, you get what you pay for, for me, rather pay a little more and go with larger well known company.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
49,025 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 4x4 rentals

Some times with those small companies...you also rent a bunch of problems...some expats running some of those companies only God knows who they are!

pay a little more and play safe!

roadadvisor

Tamarindo, Costa...
Level Contributor
344 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 4x4 rentals

I just checked prices with some of the well known local companies... these are the prices I found in 4x4's

Daihatsu Bego, 4x4

64,8 daily (mandatory insuance included)

408 weekly (mandatory insuance included)

1300 monthly (mandatory insurance included)

Hyundai Tucson, 4x4

70.8 daily (mandatory insuance included)

442.8 weekly (mandatory insuance included)

1416 monthly (mandatory insurance included)

Mitsubishi Nativa, automatic, 4x4

80,4 daily (mandatory insuance included)

504 weekly (mandatory insuance included)

1620 monthly (mandatory insurance included)

Mitsubishi Montero, 7 passengers, 4x4

94.4 daily (mandatory insuance included)

586.4 weekly (mandatory insuance included)

1888 monthly (mandatory insurance included)

It would be interesting to know how are the prices of 4x4 costa rica compared to the larger companies

toronto
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: 4x4 rentals

Thank you very much for your input

guanacaste
Level Contributor
3,094 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 4x4 rentals

Daihatsu Beego is like the best value option on the market. Then there is is Hyundai Tucson. A larger unit with a higher price tag is the Mitsubishi Montero or Toyota Prado.

I would go with an larger well established car rental company,as smaller companies sometimes don't have the resources to service clients away from their main offices, in the case of an unwated situation.

In Liberia you will find Alamo, National, Budget, Thrifty, Economy and Adobe, check with them and bargain a bit, for you are renting for a long period of time.

Places to visit: Rincon de la Vieja, Monteverde, Arenal, Manuel Antonio, Mal Pais - Montezuma (via Ferry).

Drive Safe!!!!

Mentioned in this post
Liberia
Liberia
Province of Guanacaste, Costa Rica
Rincon de La Vieja
Rincon de La Vieja
Province of Guanacaste, Costa Rica
Monteverde
Monteverde
Province of Puntarenas, Costa Rica
Manuel Antonio
Manuel Antonio
Mal Pais
Mal Pais
Montezuma
Montezuma
toronto
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: 4x4 rentals

Thank you all for taking the time to post such a great deal of information. It is much appreciated.

7. Re: 4x4 rentals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, July 24, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Tamarindo