We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Golfing?

Which Tamarindo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
28 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Golfing?

Curious about golf courses that are close to the town of Tamarindo and Playa Langosta. Info on distance from town and green fees would be appreciated.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,266 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Golfing?

Hotel Hacienda Pinilla good golf course... even that are some more around most of them you must stay at the hotel or a condo belongs to them!

Just buckle up and enjoy the ride in PARADISE!

Tamarindo, Costa...
Level Contributor
1,781 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Golfing?

Here is a link to a collection of info about the two golf courses and driving range in the Tamarindo area.

tamarindocosta-rica.com/activities/golf.html

Wayne, New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Playa Conchal
Level Contributor
1,613 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Golfing?

Conchal and the 4 Seasons are guests only, and I think Pinilla is now too.

Another golf course with daily fee availability is Papagayo Country Club. http://www.papagayo-golf.com/ ($95).

Tamarindo, Costa...
Level Contributor
344 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Golfing?

I tried to make reservations for a customer in the Reserva Conchal golf course yesterday and they said that the Golf Course is only available for guests and owners... that maybe if I spoke with the manager they would let me reserve...

Too much of a hassle.... I called Hacienda Pinilla right after and they booked my client with no questions... $180 the round though...

So, don't waste your time trying to get into the PPC golf course... it seems like they are not interested in letting use the golf course to people who don't stay in their facilities

Saskatchewan, Canada
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Golfing?

Toronto,

I see you are there right now. Have you decided on golf? We're arriving in 3 weeks for a 2 week trip and would love to golf. If so, we would love a review.

Cheers

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
28 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Golfing?

Not much to coose from but the one I was able to play was the Hacienda Pinilla course and I was pleasantly surprised at the conditions, layout and length. 3 men's tee blocks to choose from making the course from 6,100 to almost 7,300 yards. The course is deceivingly open but watch out if you don't hit the fairway because the type of grass in the rough is not long but swallows golf balls making them difficult to find and hit out of. The course is about a 15 minute drive outside of Tamarindo. Nice clubhouse and restaurant. Try the fish burger, it's great! Now as I said at the outset, not really sure about public play and rates because the gringo I was visiting down here buys 50 green fee coupon booklets for $2500US and there are various other membership options. Best to call in advance or email to inquire. Worth the money for a die hard though. Good luck!

Saskatchewan, Canada
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Golfing?

Thanks for the reply. We're probably going to play the Pinilla course. I'm good enough at losing balls without the courses help. LOL.

Did you rent clubs? If you did, do you remember the price?

Thanks

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
28 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Golfing?

I had my own clubs but they do rent Callaway's and I beleive they're $45-50US.

Saskatchewan, Canada
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Golfing?

Thanks, I've tried emailing them but have not had a response. Maybe I'll just call them when we arrive.

10. Re: Golfing?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, June 15, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Tamarindo