We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tatoo

currently... Tucson...
Level Contributor
14 posts
92 reviews
Save Topic
Tatoo

Does anyone know of a good place to get a tatoo in Tamarindo or anywhere near. I ready for my first. There are no places where i currently live and work. If i don't get one in CR i don't know when i will be able to.

Mitchell, South...
Level Contributor
282 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tatoo

noworkjustyoga - I have watched your posts from Iraq. I am glad you get to take a break, and Cost Rica is sooo nice. You will meet a lot of Americans there (even if you don't want to!). The Crazy Monkey Bar on Fri. night is where the girls are - and you're hearing this from a 51 yr. old!!!! I thought my 18 yr. old thought he had died and gone to heaven when he went there in May. It is at the Best Western Villas, right when you first drive into town (look to your left). The hotel Pasetiempo has Mike Night on Tues. night. An older (than teenagers!!) crowd but my son and my husband enjoyed the music. This hotel is not sooo expensive and nice but not on the beach like the Diria and Hotel Capitan Suizo 8 minutes from the downtown beach. Mambo Bar opens late and closes early. Heard several negative reports on this bar so while my 21 yr. old and 18 yr. old were there, we parents just stopped in to say hi. It looked fun and the kids came home safely both nights they went. OK, I gave you a tip on the night life, so I going to go out on a limb and ask: Do you really want a tatoo!!!!!!???????? Thanks for what you are doing for the less fortunate over in Iraq. I am a strong Democrat but I do believe you are doing God's work there.

currently... Tucson...
Level Contributor
14 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tatoo

Where the girls are!! That's the most helpful information I have recieved in months of research. I don't think my own mother would of gave me that information. Thank you very much!!

I should not of posted that I was in Iraq. Hopefully it won't jeopardize my safety while on vacation. I have to be careful about the information I give out about myself. I was motivated and patriotic when first got here. In fact I wanted to be a part of this very much. But now, not so much. Every time i hear an "boom", I'll hear, in the following days news, how many people were killed from that explosion. I'm not sure if this is God's work or not. People die here everyday. But then people have been liberated as well. It's a toss up. I'll leave you with the words of an Iraqi co-worker, "No problem my freind, 'FREEDOM'"

and yes, i really want a tattoo!

Mitchell, South...
Level Contributor
282 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tatoo

While we were in Costa Rica the end of May, not one person mentioned US's involment with Iraq. It is not in their local newspapers (English, anyway) cuz I read them weekly on the internet. This is not a concern of theirs - they just want to make a decent living to feed their families and get them to college. Just enjoy your vacation, and yes, I will give you info about the fun time you will have, the young people you will meet - enjoy life!!!!! BUT, the tatoo, you may regret someday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Have Fun in Costa Rica! Signed: Somebody's mother!

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
5,552 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tatoo

Dont get a tattoo in Costa Rica. They take about a week to heal and you would need to keep it out of the water and sun during that time for it to heal properly.

Trust me, you will be better off getting a tattoo back home