We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aerial Tram tours?

Which Tamarindo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New Haven...
Level Contributor
20 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Aerial Tram tours?

Thinking of taking the aerial tram tours since our children are too young for the zipline canopy trips. Anyone have any experience with these tours?

thanks!

Calhoun, Georgia
Level Contributor
6,012 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aerial Tram tours?

A few years ago my husband and I took the Rainforest Aerial Tram Tour. We were picked up at our hotel in San Jose and went in a nice minibus with a group of about 12 to a nice restaurant on the way for lunch and then did the tour. It was one of the highlights of our trip.

When we arrived at the tram we went to the a short documentary about how the tram was built. We then rode the gondolas through the canopy of the rainforest. Each gondola had six people, one of them a guide that explains all about the rainforest. We didn't see any animals, but how many animals would you see in the woods during the day where you live? Being on the top of the trees was fantastic.

While we were in the movie our bus moved and we had left our raingear on the bus since they said we could get it after the movie. We went on the tour without it. Well, it poured rain in buckets toward the end. It really was fun though to see how suddenly the rain came up and stopped. Getting wet was part of the experince too. But, if you don't want to get wet, be sure to carry your raincoat and umbrella with you. There is a roof on the gondola, but we got wet from the rain coming in on the sides.

After the tour we could have walked in the rainforest on some trails but didn't.

We felt the tour was well worth the time and money spent.

nowhere
Level Contributor
872 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Aerial Tram tours?

I've been wondering about this myself as I have bad arthritis and a fear of heights, but can stand things like trams (as least if I pass out I won't fall off). Appreciate the info. We'll do this our first ful day and I'll let my friends zip line in Monteverde.

Trumbull, CT
11 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Aerial Tram tours?

I did the aerial tram tour in Guaplies. It was okay. It was cool to go up into the different levels of the rain forest and see how enormous those trees are. But you dont get to see many animals at all, because most of them are nocturnal.

I also did the canopy tour (zipline) in Monteverde. I am scared (terrified) of heights, and I am still glad I did it. The one I did let a guide come with you if you were scared, so you should see if maybe they could do that for you, with your young kids, so they dont have to do it alone.

Get answers to your questions about Tamarindo