We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

So many choices

Atlanta
Level Contributor
64 posts
1 review
Save Topic
So many choices

With so many things to do in CR and only one week to do them...

I was last there in 1995 and saw many nice places but now it is 2007 and I have a wife & 11 year old boy.

We would like a nice "blend" of activities but don't want to do too much considering the small amount of time.

We like really nice Hotels and are considering Tamarindo as a base because I thought there might be more activity there and I could get my son into a surfing camp.

Maybe from there we could take a day trip into a park to see the wonderful nature in CR.

Can someone give us advice on a really nice Hotel in Tamarindo or maybe tell me a better place to do a beach & nature combo?

Many thanks...

Atlanta
Level Contributor
64 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: So many choices

Forgot to mention travel will be Nov 17th - 24th

Boulder, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,749 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: So many choices

We have done atv beach hopping, tons of fun!!! If you want to see wildlife do the Palo Verde River excursion, crocs, howler monkeys, white face monkeys, birds, bats, oh my. Check out Varga Tours for some great adventures. We used the Papagayo bay as our base camp and stayed at the Grand. Really nice hotel and beach with snorkeling right of the shore. You can read my trip report by clkicking on my name. Picture link is: picasaweb.google/JEN101001/COSTARICA2007

Boulder, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,749 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: So many choices

Sorry thats Vargas Tours. Small personnel tours catered to you.

costa rica
Level Contributor
357 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: So many choices

El Suzio is the best 'family' hotel in Tamarindo:

…typepad.com/tamarindo/…index.html

IMO I think Manuel Antonio is a better option for families than Tamarindo.

In Manuel Antonio the National Park is next door to the public beach, there is beginner surf there and the fishing is world class.

…typepad.com/manuel_antonio/home/index.html

5. Re: So many choices

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:19 pm, September 08, 2009